Best Anti-Virus

atomic

alot of people complain about norton...personally i never had a problem when i used it...did slow my system down a bit though.

i just dont even use a anti virus and im fine, just get a good firewall and ull be alright, i hate norton cause it complains about everything and its veryhard to delete cause it adds itself with the registry.....

atomic

Ah the smoker who refuses to goto the doctor with that nasty cough...always saying to himself i'll be fine! How exactly do you know your fine if you dont scan for viruses?

EDIT: is your firewall going to stop that infected file you just downloaded from letting the virus run?

ok queer , if i et a virus ill just reformat the drive or get another one , but u kno what, i havent got one since i had my system , and thats like 3 - 4 years

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
i use AVG, its free and ive had no complaints about it. plus, when a virus is detected the real cool troll people appear on the pop up :)

atomic

Bunchofstuff said:
now that wasnt very nice now was it? :p

Bunchofstuff said:
if i et a virus ill just reformat the drive or get another one

again how will you know you have one? Also seems a little destructive.

And i thought this post was asking about the best Anti virus not if you use one or not! ;)

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
Bunchofstuff said:
ok queer , if i et a virus ill just reformat the drive or get another one , but u kno what, i havent got one since i had my system , and thats like 3 - 4 years
a) how do you know when you have a virus
b) why not just get an anti virus program, it'll save time and annoyance

flame1117

banned
I dont run antivirus, just have a firewall and im SMART about what i do, 6th year running on the same non-reformated drive, and im fine still runs fast.Well actully i take that back I reformated once but that was because everything was all messy and in like 9 partitions. and the main things were my games, which i can download though steam :) nothing else was infortant, or else it was saved on a CDROM. that was like 2 years ago. I actully had norten once, it was a pain in the behide, with all of its messages and crap and it did make the PC run noticibly slower.

IPXP

I use AVG on one PC and Norton Internet Security on another and I prefer Norton. I find Norton pretty fast on my laptop and tends not to slow it down. Though I do have a lot of ram.

Norton on my PC slows it down and Norton runs incredibly slow, though I am only running 128mb and running xp pro!

ofgen

trend micro - pc cillin is the best...
and the cost is also suit...
i mean for cost/performance is the best one is trend-micro...
almost each day you can be warned to get the updates... they are real hardworking people...
lol...

flame1117 said:
I dont run antivirus, just have a firewall and im SMART about what i do, 6th year running on the same non-reformated drive, and im fine still runs fast.Well actully i take that back I reformated once but that was because everything was all messy and in like 9 partitions. and the main things were my games, which i can download though steam :) nothing else was infortant, or else it was saved on a CDROM. that was like 2 years ago. I actully had norten once, it was a pain in the behide, with all of its messages and crap and it did make the PC run noticibly slower.

well thats stupid then ...i always use Antivirus Software