Best brand Laptop?

Jimi4

Looking into a laptop for a combo school work and video games, music and movies. Want to dual boot Vista (which i have) and XP. I cant choose though between Dell, HP, Acer, Toshiba or Sony. Sony is probably out of the question because I want to stay around the 700 price range. But what is the best? Thanks alot!!!

easyshare123

I dont own 1 but members of my family do.

I would say Hewlett Packard HP... HP Pavillions are excellent laptops

Dan

Bramp

With a $700USD price range you wont be able to play any recent games as your probably be getting integrated graphics which are not good for gaming, a dedicated GPU would be required as well as doubling your budget. :eek:

ANNR

Just check out your local Bestbuy stores. you can get a core 2 duo for 700 dollars when they when on sale or rebate.

Sirius_GTO

this is an incredibly broad question.

What are you looking for? Mobility? Performance?

I'll give some suggestions...

For a ultraportable and performance - Look at the Dell XPS M1210's. INCREDIBLE notebooks. A little heavier than an ultraportable but this shouldn't matter if you're not a girl.

for mainstream - Go with either Dell's E1505 or HP's DV2000T's or DV6000T's.

For desktop replacements - Go with Dell's E1705 or HP's DV9000T.

I'm not partial to dell or HP, but if you want your money's worth, these are the choices.

Sony's are overpriced and offer nothing spectacular unless you get into the X special carbon fiber models but expect to shell out big bucks.

Another good mobility notebook is Asus WP5 models.

yeah, PM me if you want a clean answer. Just let me know what you're looking for.

I have a Dell E1505 with the specs below and I just ordered a XPS M1210 with a Nvidia Go 7400.

PabloTeK

I recommend HP Pavillion laptops, after all, I own one. Cheaper Dell laptops are notorious for breaking down, my cousin had an Inspiron 1300 and in 3 months it had to go back!

Sirius_GTO

I recommend HP Pavillion laptops, after all, I own one. Cheaper Dell laptops are notorious for breaking down, my cousin had an Inspiron 1300 and in 3 months it had to go back!

that's a crock of bullshit. I hate how everyone says "oh my cousins mothers dogs sisters owners friend of the family's sisters dog owned one and it broke down".

So what are you going to say about my dell? It's been running fine and dandy. Fastest laptop I've ever bought for $1100 shipped with warranty.

Dells are not notorious for anything. They are notorious for having better prices for the same specifications than any other brand.

Cheaper material? Of course. It's a budget notebook. Is it so cheap that you have to worry about it breaking on you because you hold it by one corner? No.

and btw, I am not dissing HP. In fact, if you read my previous posts, I recommend Dell AND HP.

If you want two of the best budget notebook companies, those are your two.