Best budget lense for Canon 400D

tommy25

Hey guys

After a new lense for the family camera, had a issue with are old lense working with the new camera so new lense it is. We currently have a Hoya 72mm, 28-200mm which wont work so looking for something similar, just compatible with the 400D.

Thanks a bunch

tommy25

Ah thats great, cheapest one found on there was around 150 mark. Wish doesnt seem too bad, dont really know much about them so thats helped. Are all those lenses compatible with the 400D, just bit weary as the Hoya we currently have fits, works 50% of time but errors other 50%so..... Obviously trying to avoid this by buying new lense.

thanks

4NGU$

VIP Member
all ef and ef-s lenses will fit your canon 400D
but ef-s lenses wont fit canon film cameras

alexandergre

ebay has some good/inexpensive lenses! just make sure that you buy the original one. and do not buy from china, france until you know the seller!

n3kro

I don't recommend using third party lens' on Canon cameras. They don't always work even though they say they do. 2/3 of the time when people call tech support having problems with their lens not working, it's a third party lens (I know because I work there :p). I'm not saying third party lens companies are bad, I'm just saying to be wary of that. If you do get a third party lens because they are a bit cheaper I would recommend a Sigma. They have some really nice lens' at affordable prices. I personally use all Canon lens' on my camera because it's guaranteed to work.

tommy25

Ah ok, will try and stretch a bit more and get a 'proper' Canon lense:)
Not gonna bother with eBay, thought it might be bit cheaper but.... No.

yeh agree the sigma lenses look very nice but want 100% to work this time, last lense has been complete pain in the ass :(