Best, Cheapest, and Most Quiet Case Fans?

Master Mind

hey,

ive just purchased a CoolerMaster 830 Evolution and it's on the way to me in about a week or so. this case holds up to 9 120mm fans, 4 of them sit on the side panel.. i have a choice to put 4 120mm fans on there or a CrossBlower which i think are around 300mm.

what is the cheapest and most effective/fastest/most quiet fans i can buy... i had a look at these fans[/URL
but i don't really wanna go out and buy 5 more of these if i don't know how they are going to perform....
if i fill the whole case (9 fans) i will only need 5 more as it come with 2 already and my current case also has 2 of them.

cheers,
Master Mind

elitehacker

LOL, you buy fans!! :p:p:p If you are a scavenger like me :p who goes out and pick up other peoples thrown out systems, then you'd would NEVER need to buy fans. Its actually very profitable, the stupidity of some people is astounding, like a found a perfectly good P4 system bar a hard drive that had a boot error. -_-" :D:D:D

elitehacker

WOW, we must be brothers :p:p:p, I have made $AU2600 in 6 months doing that, that's how I funded my gaming system:p with $AU1800 left over. :p

ceewi1

VIP Member
The problem with SilenX is that their rating system is very deceptive. 18dBA & 90CFM actually means 18dBA at minimum starting voltage, and 90CFM at 12V. It doesn't mean 18dBA and 90CFM at the same time.

Custom PCs reviewed a SilenX fan rated at 90CFM & 14dBA, and found in practice it moved 72CFM of air at 30dBA.

ADE

banned
It makes sense how the fan I listed can do this. Its extremely thick! covers much more area than a regular fan!

Master Mind

alrighty heres what i purchased: CoolerMaster Stacker 830 Evolution Black, Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme Heatsink, 5 x these silent fans to fill my case: Noctua NF-S12-800 - 120mm Fan, 34cfm, 8 dBA, and one of these for the HeatSink: Scythe S-FLEX 120mm Fan SFF21E. i also purchased a 12g tube of Artic Silver 5 to re-do my cpu when my new heatsink arrives

that new case can hold 9 fans so i figured i would take good use of the space :D

costing me just under AU$700. im gonna do some serious overclocking to my cpu and gfx card once i get this stuff.

Master Mind

Last edited: