best graphics card for fx 8350

kannansmt

best graphics card for fx 8350 r9 270x or gtx 760 which is best and i am very interested in r9 270x can we update drivers easily . i am from india

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Your processor doesn't really determine what video card you get. What you do with your systems determines it. Do you game? What games do you play? Your existing power supply also determines what video card you can get unless you upgrade that as well.

spirit

Staff member
The 270X and GTX 760 are quite evenly matched but the 270X tends to be a bit cheaper so that's the one I'd choose if you just want a card for gaming.

beers

Staff member
As stated, a budget would be more useful. I wouldn't call the 270x the 'best' of anything since it's essentially a rebadged 7870, but it should offer you playable performance in most titles.

The CPU shouldn't start holding you back until you get up into the 290/780 area, or unless you play really CPU-specific games like Starcraft II.

spirit

Staff member
I would assume that because he is looking at the 270X and the 760 that his budget is whatever the cost of those cards are in India. Mid-range basically.

The R9 280 tends to be only a bit more expensive than the GTX 760 but it is faster so that might be another option to consider.