Best Graphics card for my budget?

Mr soft

Just remember the 4850 is a lovely card, but will chew a lot more power and will will run hotter.
The 57xx models are also great overclockers , mine runs at 870 core 1430 mem. people are getting 1ghz on the 5770´s core.
These cards idle at about 18 w :eek:

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
Let me know when you get it and if you need help installing it. I believe the 4870 requires a PCI-E power connector as well, and I think you have that, but you should double check.

ultipig

Last edited:

Okedokey

What PSU do you have?

Dx 11 games are close, i think it is worth getting the 5770, or wait a little while until the price drops.

Eiether way, at that resolution you wont notice any difference between 1GB and 512mb. The memory relates mostly to the resolution.

directx11gamer

Honestly, I know that you are just looking to play the games that you like with pretty good detail and frame rate. If I were you I would get the 5770 at this point. Yes its about 20 dollars more BUT its newer technology. It runs cooler, uses less power AND is directx11 compatible, yes some posters are right by saying directx11 isn't important right now and it might not be to some people but wouldn't it be nice to see what directx11 does when its available and when a bunch of games will be out to use it? Directx11 is being adopted by every game company now unlike directx10 which just about everyone skipped over. Just a few things to consider ;)

Okedokey

With DX11 in every third word, directx11gamer really likes direct x 11. In[directlyx11] i think he is right. What PSU do you have OP?

Ihatethedukes

Please oh please oh please do yourself a favor and get the newest generation card. If for nothing else than the overclocking potential and/or power savings. 4870s run int he 175-200w range while the 5770 runs in the 100W range. From experience 4870s top out at ~840Mhz and 1100 memory even with voltage adjustments. The 5770s routinely hit 1000MHz/1250mhz (or higher). Plus, DX11... tesselation. It's already going into Stalker and grid2.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131328&cm_re=5770-_-14-131-328-_-Product