Best Graphics card for near £120

Cookieboro

I have a G Force FX 5200 128mb at the min but im looking for somthing more powerfull to play more up to date games and older games at full sepc. Any ideas?

Thanks

P11

VIP Member
i had the Geforce FX 5200 128 MB and i just upgraded to the Geforce FX 5500 256 MB for $ 50 CAN more...the performance is at least 3x better. Get the 5500! :D

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
how much you wanting to spend?

OH ya! today I'm awake ;-).. I see it's in the title of this thread.

Honestly and I've been trying to bite my lip because it's going to stir up alot of people! but I've got to say it. If it's an Nvidia FX graphics card one is looking to buy then try and stick to the last couple of models out if possible because Nvidia had a bad couple of years which I call the FX years :). b4 anyone starts to flame my ars I just ask you to research first and you'll see that many others agree :)..

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
the performance is at least 3x better
Thats a bit of a stretch :p

Cookieboro
For that price you can damn near get any last generation card you want! :) (ok maybe not the 9800XT thats ridiculously expensive) but you can nail the 5900XTs, 9800Pro and if you're lucky you might (although i doubt it) be able to score a 6600 :)

P11

VIP Member
it shows the perfoamce comparison on the back of my box compared to the GeForce 5200FX 128mb (im guessing they show this so you buy the more expensive) BTW thats what i did :d

P11

VIP Member
120 pounds is about equivilent to 220 US and then about 270 CAN
(these are estimates)