Best Hard Drive for Gaming?

tlarkin

VIP Member
I have 2 TB on my system and it is nearly over half full, I got about 1.3 TB of stuff on it.

I do rip all my vinyl music to digital though.

lubo4444

I have 2 TB on my system and it is nearly over half full, I got about 1.3 TB of stuff on it.

I do rip all my vinyl music to digital though.

Holy... what do you have on your PC if it's not a secret. That's a lot of HD space you've got filled....

tlarkin

VIP Member
Holy... what do you have on your PC if it's not a secret. That's a lot of HD space you've got filled....

700gigs of Music, apps, bunch of ripped DVDs. Several virtual machines. Windows Vista - which takes up enough on it's own.

I do full installs of everything as I hate using DVD or CD media.

lubo4444

700gigs of Music, apps, bunch of ripped DVDs. Several virtual machines. Windows Vista - which takes up enough on it's own.

I do full installs of everything as I hate using DVD or CD media.

Wow that explains it then... but still it's a lot of stuff. :) Good thing you have 2TB of space.

tlarkin

VIP Member
Wow that explains it then... but still it's a lot of stuff. :) Good thing you have 2TB of space.

I have several hundred vinyl records and ungodly amounts of music CDs. I buy a CD, rip it, then place the CD in a box in my closet. I like to rip in high quality when I can, lossless on some things. So an album for me would be 500 to 800 megs at times per an album. However, I don't rip it all in high end loss less format. For example, 70s punk rock, while one of my favorite music types doesn't really benefit from being ripped in loss less.

Plus I got data from years and years back too.

djogoku

I use to dj a little. So people can understand why I have so much music lying around even to this day. Did you or do you dj? Or are you a collector?

tlarkin

VIP Member
I use to dj a little. So people can understand why I have so much music lying around even to this day. Did you or do you dj? Or are you a collector?

I am strictly a collector. The only time I will ever DJ is when I have people over to my house and I put on records.

One day I will have a music room though, with all my records, record player, and probably a bunch of books as well.

djogoku

I'm sure that will be a nice setup. All your friends and associates will consider your place "the spot"! Everyone feels more comfortable in the place with the best lounge and you can't have a good lounge without a great music collection.

tlarkin

VIP Member
I'm sure that will be a nice setup. All your friends and associates will consider your place "the spot"! Everyone feels more comfortable in the place with the best lounge and you can't have a good lounge without a great music collection.

I agree, and I am into everything so I have music from just about every genre, except for jam bands. I do not like jam bands.

djogoku

I use to be a manager at one of the Spec's Music stores in Florida and I've been subjected to some of everything under the sun. Fortunately for me, I actually like just about everything. From Rap to Rock to Punk and Pop. Vocals, Country, Salsa, Jazz, Ska, Classical, Blues, Gospel, Soft Rock, Smooth Jazz, R&B, Soul, etc.... When you say Jam Bands, are you talking about those local styled bands that just play their instruments and bounce around on stage but don't really have an identity? They're mainly cover bands?

tlarkin

VIP Member
I use to be a manager at one of the Spec's Music stores in Florida and I've been subjected to some of everything under the sun. Fortunately for me, I actually like just about everything. From Rap to Rock to Punk and Pop. Vocals, Country, Salsa, Jazz, Ska, Classical, Blues, Gospel, Soft Rock, Smooth Jazz, R&B, Soul, etc.... When you say Jam Bands, are you talking about those local styled bands that just play their instruments and bounce around on stage but don't really have an identity? They're mainly cover bands?

Phish, wide spread panic are two examples of what I would consider a "jam band."

I also don't like new country, well new mainstream country. I think new country is pop music. The best modern country band (well they broke up) in my opinion would be Drag the River.

Otherwise, it is all about Waylan, Cash, the Hanks, Myrle and so forth.