Shadow133
New Member
Hope this helps other people looking for parts on January.
I have a quite good computer with 2x 8800GTX SLI, C2D E8400, 8Gb DD2 ram etc. But since my setup is already 3 years old (and I didn’t spent any significant money on computers since then) I begun searching for new technologies to see just how far I can go by updating my setup.
Budget ~$2.800,00
I estimate to go shopping mid January.
Here is where I got so far:
BD-ROM
Lite-On iHOS104 BD-ROM
Cooler
Corsair H50 CPU Cooler
CPU
i7 960 or i7 920???
GPU
ATI Radeon HD5970 or wait for Geforce 300 series???
MB
GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD7
PSU
PC Power and Cooling T12W or Antec TPQ-1200 or ???
Sound
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional
SSD Drive
Corsair P128
1)Should I go with Intel i7 960 or i7 920?
2)Geforce GTX295, ATI HD5970 or other?
I personally don’t like ATi (bad experience in past, great experience with my Nvidia 8800). But the difference in performance btw the GTX295 and HD5970 appears to be brutal. However there are no information about when Nvidia’s next series will arrive in stores neither how much will it cost. Should I wait for the next Geforce series or go with ATi?
3)Bearing in mind that sometime I may buy another card (GTX295 or HD5970 or G300) I need a psu to support them in SLi. I am particularly interested in these two psu (PCP&C T12W and Antec TPQ-1200), there is a significant $300 price difference. Anyone can vouch for any of these or suggest another?
4)With the new PCIe 3.0 coming in Q2 2010, anyone risk a guess if this setup will be enough to play games in high resolution for the next 2~3 years?
Thanks!
I have a quite good computer with 2x 8800GTX SLI, C2D E8400, 8Gb DD2 ram etc. But since my setup is already 3 years old (and I didn’t spent any significant money on computers since then) I begun searching for new technologies to see just how far I can go by updating my setup.
Budget ~$2.800,00
I estimate to go shopping mid January.
Here is where I got so far:
BD-ROM
Lite-On iHOS104 BD-ROM
Cooler
Corsair H50 CPU Cooler
CPU
i7 960 or i7 920???
GPU
ATI Radeon HD5970 or wait for Geforce 300 series???
MB
GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD7
PSU
PC Power and Cooling T12W or Antec TPQ-1200 or ???
Sound
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional
SSD Drive
Corsair P128
1)Should I go with Intel i7 960 or i7 920?
2)Geforce GTX295, ATI HD5970 or other?
I personally don’t like ATi (bad experience in past, great experience with my Nvidia 8800). But the difference in performance btw the GTX295 and HD5970 appears to be brutal. However there are no information about when Nvidia’s next series will arrive in stores neither how much will it cost. Should I wait for the next Geforce series or go with ATi?
3)Bearing in mind that sometime I may buy another card (GTX295 or HD5970 or G300) I need a psu to support them in SLi. I am particularly interested in these two psu (PCP&C T12W and Antec TPQ-1200), there is a significant $300 price difference. Anyone can vouch for any of these or suggest another?
4)With the new PCIe 3.0 coming in Q2 2010, anyone risk a guess if this setup will be enough to play games in high resolution for the next 2~3 years?
Thanks!