best laptop for a 500$ budget?

kazkepox

hey guys, long time no see. I pretty much need a laptop now as to seeing im using a 6 year old 12" screen laptop... its pretty much sucks. so I want A computer that fits more of todays standards. I want it to have an AMD processor, at least 250gb hard drive and 2-4 gigs of ram. Im gonna be playing games on here as well. :cool: I have been looking around at newegg and best buy, I just want ur guys opinion

x5frt

Look at your local computer flyers.Compare their price with other products and read the specifications. if you dont mind, they might have some Openbox product or used product that might be cheaper.

Flaring Afro

I agree with Laquer Head that the other thing is crap and you are going to have to bring up the budget to play any descent games, unless you find a hell of a deal on craigslist.

ScottALot

Wow, I didn't see the lack of an OD.

But, then again, I didn't see the part where he said "Lets have my budget be 600 instead of 500."

ScottALot

Optical Drive. Think floppy drive, CD drive, or Blu-Ray drive. I think USB ports and Firewire ports are considered ODs in a way.

Bramp

tigerdirect.com actually has some really nice rigs for around $500 they have a lot of free shipping to.