best norton version

Sebouh

BlaBli, you are always against norton, why is that? Because of the long startup? That is the only problem i see with norton, nothing else. And for me norton 2003 is the best. I even like norton 2003 Internet seurity since it has the trace option of the intruder. that is quite a good feature.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Sebouh said:
BlaBli, you are always against norton, why is that? Because of the long startup? That is the only problem i see with norton, nothing else. And for me norton 2003 is the best. I even like norton 2003 Internet seurity since it has the trace option of the intruder. that is quite a good feature.

I still use Norton Systemworks 2003. It works great. and it does not slow down my computer unless I have the system doctor running...

4W4K3

VIP Member
i'm still on 2002 CE, never had a problem with it. Been using it for a while and it doesn't sem to "lag" my computer or anything, never had a virus or corrupt file problem...

BlaBli

the thing is that i just said that i really dont like norton with no mention of the broblems, and then u point on norton problems in your replay ;)

the thing i dont like about it is that lots of ppl regard it as the best antivirus around... and it is just isnt!!!
it install lots of services running with window, pumping windows indecating viruses that cannot b removed (which can under another app) and its just annoys me... the setup is long as u mantioned and there r lots of other anti viruses app that doing the same job (if not better) with less brouhaha.
lots of computer r coming to me with infections and spyware and the owner tells me.. how come i got all this with norton antivirus... doctor... and all the peripheral app that comes with it.

in general i think that anti virus app will not b complete untill it will provide anti spyware built in.

anyway.... this is what i think.. not saying that other r wqrong

cheers :cool:

Sebouh

i respect that. I for one was tired of using norton since i got used to its interface, moreover, i see norton internet security or the antivirus as a memory sucking program, and mostly at startup. So i tried avast! and it works well but i am still not sure cause norton used t find many infected files and viruses or trojans during scanning, but avast does not find anything, so i dont really know what to choose!!?!