Best pc fot graphic design??

kiwi-san

Hi!
My PC is old and dying so I would like to know what would be the best PD for graphic design. I do a lot of it so yeah...

I also game a little but not that much...

Anyway, thanks for the help!

Intel_man

VIP Member
I would think for graphics design, any i7 "6xxx"k processors with butt load of DDR4-3000 ram and an SSD with high IOPS count.

Origin Saint

I would think for graphics design, any i7 "6xxx"k processors with butt load of DDR4-3000 ram and an SSD with high IOPS count.
To piggyback here:
  • A good solid CPU, 6000 series from Intel would be optimal, and a "k" series would be a nice bonus.
  • As much RAM as you can fit in the machine, but 32-64 GB is reasonable for sure. Definitely DDR4-3000MHz, no exceptions.
  • A high-end, reliable SSD (Intel, Samsung, a few others). Something big-ish for Windows + design software (512GB +). Samsungs 850 PRO series would fit the bill well.
  • Add in a 7200 rpm HDD with some serious capacity (2TB+) for some good storage for mass media (Western Digital or HGST would be best for reliability).
  • If no games will be played, a decent workstation GPU might be welcome (Quadro or similar), if not doing anything serious, integrated graphics might work fine.
  • You will need a good monitor with some nice color reproduction and high resolution. I'd say something at 1440p to 4K at 24" - 34". A curved or ultra-wide would be exceptional here. Look for brands like BenQ and Dell (specifically BenQ's SW and BL line, and Dells UltraSharp line)

Intel_man

VIP Member
You will need a good monitor with some nice color reproduction and high resolution. I'd say something at 1440p to 4K at 24" - 34".
Graphics designer monitors usually come in 16:10 ratio monitors. Besides that... they still cost as much as 4k monitors if not even more expensive.

Origin Saint

Graphics designer monitors usually come in 16:10 ratio monitors. Besides that... they still cost as much as 4k monitors if not even more expensive.
Hadn't crossed my mine. In that case a 1600p or 1200p would work fine, but like you said, the price would be the same or more, so that doesn't change anything there.

Good catch.