best pc game for n00b?

Masterfulks

Saying it is dark doesn't require that you play any game. The guys is a freakin' suicidal drunk. That's not dark? I wasn't comparing to anything at all that's what you don't seem to understand.
And how the hell am I contradicting myself??:confused:

I think MP3 seems to be in line with MP 1 and 2. It's the same Max, just in a different setting. The first 2 were more comic book feeling, but the story of MP3 is a logical next step in the series.

Playing the game the setting is different, but not really. It's Max going through a city and slums and killing anything that's trying to kill him back. Now it's just not about his family anymore.

Punk

Staff member
You are contradicting your self by saying "No I haven't played the OG Max Payne" and yet stating that is dark. You have to understand what Max Payne (OG) was all about in order to see what I'm saying, to do that you have to play the OG MP games. There is nothing darker in Max Payne 3 than there is in any other game of 2012, and I say that in a very broad way, but it remains true none the less.

Now you're making me say things I didn't. I never said it was darker than the first two. All I said was that the game had a dark feeling while playing because of his suicidal behavior.
I wasn't even comparing it to anything, I was just stating it was dark. And that doesn't require me to play the first two Max Payne ;)

demonikal

You are contradicting your self by saying "No I haven't played the OG Max Payne" and yet stating that is dark. You have to understand what Max Payne (OG) was all about in order to see what I'm saying, to do that you have to play the OG MP games. There is nothing darker in Max Payne 3 than there is in any other game of 2012, and I say that in a very broad way, but it remains true none the less.
Again, you clearly haven't played the OG Max Payne in order to have a clear contrast and idea to what I'm directly referring about. You are talking about the Max Payne Now, and I'm talking about the Max Payne not only now but since it began as a whole, in contrast.
Yes I understand, he is a suicidal drunk and they depict that well in MP3 all through out the story but what I'm saying is that on the OG MP games not only do they depict Max Payne as desperate Psychopath but they actually bring you into those "Realms" of his mind and show you exactly what he is feeling and seeing as you play through his nightmares. I don't want to spoil it for you but on the OG MP 1-2 he has hallucinations and trips of sorts, which immerses you even deeper into the whole Max character rather than just looking at Max narrating his thoughts and feelings while he drinks a bottle of whiskey and pops a tons of pills. That has beign done in tons of games in just 2012 alone. Those hallucinations and bad rips are the experiences which where landmarks for the 2 OG Max Payne games, landmarks which are missing on the new Max Payne. They brought you into those dark experiences, right into Max nightmares. They don't do this in such emersive manner as they did on the OG MP in MP 3.

Hey EpicSurvivor. I effen love psychological movies, especially the ones that really make me think. If I can see a psych movie that truly requires me to watch it a 2nd time to understand everything, then to me it's a friggin awesome movie. "The Prestige" is the only movie that ever did that to me and I am quite the movie-buff.

So on that note, all this stuff you're talking about Max Payne and even tho the nightmares part didn't seem so scary, but bad trips and stuff, I'm not so sure I want to play that game now :D However, maybe it would be a "good trip" for me, since I've been in the movie realm for quite a many years and haven't truly been in a game realm since I was 19. So maybe this would be a good one for me. I want to get a bunch of different "flavors" though. I don't know what RTS means, so I'll have to look that up, but I'd kinda like to spend not a ton of money, but enough that I see what people consider the best of what's out there.

And I thought the stuff in Quake I and Quake II and Fallout was messed up! =))

Hey EpicSurvivor. I effen love psychological movies, especially the ones that really make me think. If I can see a psych movie that truly requires me to watch it a 2nd time to understand everything, then to me it's a friggin awesome movie. "The Prestige" is the only movie that ever did that to me and I am quite the movie-buff.

So on that note, all this stuff you're talking about Max Payne and even tho the nightmares part didn't seem so scary, but bad trips and stuff, I'm not so sure I want to play that game now :D However, maybe it would be a "good trip" for me, since I've been in the movie realm for quite a many years and haven't truly been in a game realm since I was 19. So maybe this would be a good one for me. I want to get a bunch of different "flavors" though. I don't know what RTS means, so I'll have to look that up, but I'd kinda like to spend not a ton of money, but enough that I see what people consider the best of what's out there.

And I thought the stuff in Quake I and Quake II and Fallout was messed up! =))

Okay, well let me put it like this, your name is Demonikal, hence Demon, so you should be able to handle those gruesome, dark scenes. Lmao I"m kidding bro :p
RTS Means Real Time Strategy. And Not sure if you saw the earlier post but you can go here and spend no more than $10 and get like 6 very good games.http://www.humblebundle.com/
This ma friend, will be absolutely beyond a shadow of a doubt your best bet. I got it! and I already owned half the games on there but for the 3 I didn't own I basically only paid $3 for all three games instead of retail $80-100 for them.
They are all excellent games, and so is the whole bundle because they are a mix of game styles and OMG the price!. Start here! Just what you need to wet your feet back into gaming.

Last edited:

newcomputer20

didnt check if anyone posted but skyrim is very immersive, the DLC's are crap though. I found games like darksiders/metro 2033/red fraction etc just weren't designed for a keyboard - skyrim was.

demonikal

didnt check if anyone posted but skyrim is very immersive, the DLC's are crap though. I found games like darksiders/metro 2033/red fraction etc just weren't designed for a keyboard - skyrim was.

I also keep hearing people talk about Skyrim. I think on Sunday night, I'll check out hopeful available YouTube videos of every game someone has mentioned. Maybe that will give me a "glimpse" at what I'd be playing.

What are DLC's?:confused:

Darren

Staff member
DLC is downloadable content. Normally just more content for the game at a price. Similar to expansion packs of yesteryear. However now they normally tend to be smaller packs of content with a lower price. Some have small DLC like costume packs or a some weapons while others offer a whole new storyline or other various game changing content.

I also keep hearing people talk about Skyrim. I think on Sunday night, I'll check out hopeful available YouTube videos of every game someone has mentioned. Maybe that will give me a "glimpse" at what I'd be playing.
I think early next year they are coming out with Skyrim Online. Thought I mention that