Best PC game

What do you think is the best PC game?

• Total voters

Geoff

VIP Member
i know there isnt a game thats the "best" but i jsut want to know what everyone thinks is the best.

Last edited:

unbentmammal

well halflife was ahead of its time, HL2 wasnt as gd as i fort it wud b, far cry is gd but the most fun i tink i hav eva had out of a game is vice city or original cs

The-Llamalizer

I always like it when the older classics surpass the newer cutting edgers in these kind of things. I makes me reminisce (<--I know I didn't spell that right, someone plz correct me, lol) about the good olden days, though the olden days for me are a few years ago since I ain't very old at all.

alienationware

Wut about....

Here are my favorites (from greatest to least).... Don't tell me you've never heard of them....?

1. Messiah (has some of the funniest in-game vocals)
2. UT98 (still rocks. Er, why do I have to spend x00's of dollars just so I can get a new vid. card and play UT2005 with really s..l..o..w.. graphics and longo-waito loading screens?)
3. StarCraft
4. Sacrifice
5. Return to Castle Wolfenstein
6. WarCraft III
7. Freespace/2
8. Clive Barker's Undying
9. Duke Nukem 3D
10. Evolva

ZER0X

VIP Member
The Poll: Halo1/2, Counter-Strike, Grand Theft auto 2/3/VC/SAD
Non Poll: Fable, Shenmue1/2, Call of Duty, Final Fantasy VIII/X (Just a Few)

magicman

VIP Member
For me Total Annihilation was the introduction to a whole new genre, which paved the way for some mega wireless LAN fun on C&C Zero Hour. And Counter Strike (numero uno) resulted in a revolution in my opinion (there wasn't an Internet Cafe in the world that wasn't hosting it).

A personal tribute to some old digital friends...

ZER0X

VIP Member
Just to comfirm, I was refering to its first incarnation. The second installment was massively disappointing.

Still, I didn't like the first one much either....although it was better then the second one

Definately, Far Cry was an ace game.

It sure was, ran like a charm on my 9200....too bad I ran out of space to keep it on my HD :eek:

Lax

VIP Member
You left out C&C, and I'm not talking about generals (generic RTS) I'm talking about the ORIGINAL C&C, the one that made RTS games what they were today (some would argue StarCraft) One of the first games I ever played was C&C, and still do, loved and still love every minute of it.

Faythe

I can't comment on best, but favourite would have to be Unreal Tournament (don't really care what version, they all get my pulse pumping :p) & Lineage][ because never has a game got me so addicted and made me go 'wow' to pure detail in every single texture.

Geoff

VIP Member
I do agree that there are alot more games that i wanted to add, but im limited to 10 so i put some of the popular games and some games of different varieties, maybe next time i'll make a post for what type of game is best.