BEST popup blocker.

james76

I dont think my Mcafee 2005 blocks popups. I just need a good popup blocker regardless of the price. Does Norton do one because i used to have norton and it done a great job blocking popups. Any you guys know best.

Cheers

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
i have to say firefox has probably got one of the best (free) popup blockers available, and its snuggly nestled in one of the worlds best browsers for you convenience. What a great reason to swap over to firefox.

jjsevdt

Have you tried the google toolbar. I'm not much of a tool bar person myself, but it works really well. Have you run any spyware or adware removers? the pop-ups may be caused by something running on your computer. Again, Firefox is really no different as far as lay out. Just give your family a sample and they'll be addicted like crack. Probably not that bad, but it's fun to say.

Byteman

Malware Destroyer
what OS do you run? I run a nonXP os at home, and use the free panicware prog... it works great with IE, (stops more than the Firefox stopper does).

james76

I run xp home edition. The problem aint spyware/adware its just the sites i go on like ebay or guitar tab sites. And a do not want a toolbar, just a proper program.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
The one that elmarcorulz said is a proper program, it sits in your system tray (next to the clock) and blocks all the pop-ups, its very good, i used it a lot on my old system, now i use firefox. I cant see your problem with using that one it is a program that blocks pop ups, isnt that what you asked for.

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
dragon2309 said:
The one that elmarcorulz said is a proper program, it sits in your system tray (next to the clock) and blocks all the pop-ups, its very good, i used it a lot on my old system, now i use firefox. I cant see your problem with using that one it is a program that blocks pop ups, isnt that what you asked for.
precisely, he asked for a program to stop pop ups, so i gave him one :cool:

Byteman

Malware Destroyer
like tweaker suggested, SP2. That's why i asked what os you had, the SP2 blocker for IE is the equivalent of a normal blocker on steroids (when you have it set to "high"). But if you don't want to update to SP2, go with elmarco's suggestion. ;)

flame1117

banned
I would asugestionb firefox, you can transfer your bookmarks(favorites) and everything. and its easy to get used to with more fetures and more secirity. with one of the best pop-up blockers. You family will be used toit withen a few days and will prabally like it more.

One thing to think about is how many pop=ups do you get and what sites? and are they mostly about the same sort of thing? You might have adware.

jjsevdt

I told him to scan for adware, but he said, "The problem aint spyware/adware..." I don't think he's done a scan yet

james76

I do scans all the time 80% of the time i have nothing. I'll do an adaware scan, that'l find some dodgy cookies.
Cheers

Oh and you no that program you suggest does it block download windows that popup?