Best Ram stress testers

Stildawn

Hi All

I am experiencing some computer problems, and to rule out my ram Im after a test/program that absolutely slams the ram... So that after its done I can be sure that the ram is fine...

Im thinking Prime as thats quite hard on ram but I wondering if there are any else that are better.

Thanks

zombine210

can memtest86 or 86+ test more than 4GB or ram?
i got an extra 4 today and ran memtest, just not sure if it tested all of my ram.

curtains

i got an extra 4 today and ran memtest, just not sure if it tested all of my ram.

depends on the version, if you have a older version then i belive not (well depends how old but some people just keep there copy from years ago), but if you downloaded a fresh copy then yes the new versions support 4GB+

Aastii

VIP Member

If it can't, it will tell you it can't. So far as I know, the bootable version can use more than 4GB, but the one inside of a Windows environment can not before a certain version, but it will tell you it can't if it is unable to. If that happens, you just set the max amount and open up another instance of it, and together they will test it all