Best Search engines to use?

Scrat

Does anyone have a list of good search engines, and is there any that are good for perticular types of searches or subjects?

nomav6

google is by far my fav. I still use yahoo from time to time, but never on my own computer because Firefox has the google search built in, and when I used IE I had the google toolbar, so it just makes things easier to use google for me atleast

ZER0X

VIP Member
I use Google it's actually my homepage :) It has everything in it (Well what i searched for)

ZER0X

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I still venture down there on the odd occasion to try the altavista image search, they really were the best at one stage.

pipit

google. trying yahoo once. but don't like it(don't know why). altavista once too. but always back to google.

P

Perham

Google.com,Altavista.com and also Lycos.com and hotbot.com

These are the best i think.

Visit Here

Last edited by a moderator:

kof2000

metacrawler i used to use it it combines most of the well known engines and comes back with each of their results, now i use google.

Grimulus

Scrat said:
Does anyone have a list of good search engines, and is there any that are good for perticular types of searches or subjects?

i live and die by google. they are the best i've seen. and their toolbar is so damn cool as well.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I saw on the news this morning that google shares had risen as high as 22% after their float.

dinkimoo

I like Google, but I installed a new search engine recently called blinkx. Apparently it uses a new method of searching (I think) and also searches local documents. Haven't tried it much though.