Best speakers

mkjaekmi

What are the top speakers? I want 1 from either logitech or creative labs, or any really that have the best quality/sound for music/gaming/studio/etc..

Also 1 for my hdtv

Does creative lab have 1 for tv's also?
do logitech have 1 for tv's also?

Thank you

jds21

Personally, I would go for logitech... you can'r really go wrong with them

Usually the come with an adaptor so you can connect them to TVs

Log onto the logitech site to have a look what they have... they have quality high-end speakers but I don't really know how good speaker you want or your budget so have a look for yourself

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/home_pc_speakers/&cl=au,en

This is the link to Logitech home and PC speakers

MY mate has the X-530 and they are quality speakers for a reasonable price...You can hook them up to PCs, TVs and DVDs players and consoles and they sound terrific. You can always of course upgrade to something better but that's if you want the best of the best and can afford to get the best of the best

mkjaekmi

oh yeah and also, If I hook my computer to my t.v, will the sound come from the computer speakers or from my t.v?

whatthehuh

oh yeah and also, If I hook my computer to my t.v, will the sound come from the computer speakers or from my t.v?

that way youll only recieve the audio signal from your PC, not your tv. You have to be connected to you tv, via audio outputs to speakers. I notice this question comes up quite alot. If you want to link everything and be able to listen to TV ,vid games, your pc etc through the same speakers the best thing to do is get a stereo reciever or amp with multiple audio inputs and run everything through that imo. Then its all there at the click of a button.

Last edited:

Gareth

Logitech x230 are just over $30 and they have one of the best sounds I've ever heard. Bose Noise Companion III are the best though, well, at least I think so.

mkjaekmi

Would any studio stereos be better then the logitech for gaming/music? I need surround sound, does any studio monitors ahve them?

Thank you

lovely?

they really already said, you dont get much better then the logitech 5 series, go with that you'll like it

jds21

When it comes to speakers, look no further than logitech.... you honestly can't go wrong

X-530
G51
Z-5500

These are in order of power and price, X-530s still sounding terrific mind you for w very reasonable price.... G51, double the power at a higher price and Z-5500, about 8 times the pwoer at a very high price

Gravite

is it the more power the better? i saw a 600 watt pioneer 5.1 surround sound system for only $99 + free shipping

jds21

Don't be fooled... watts mean how much power the speakers have overall.... be sure that you are looking at the RNS power not the maximum power output because that isn't the same thing

Also, for that price... i would suspect something because a really good speaker system would not be that cheap unless it didnt have very clear audio or something like that

I am about to head out to get the Logitech G51 because after heareing them on display in a store it had to be the clearest sound i have ever heard and my old 80 watt 5/7.1 needed an upgrade anyway

mkjaekmi

What's the 5.1? the 5.1 channel or w/e is it surround sound?

Are all 5.1's surround sound?

Last edited:

Schonza

Also, without money being a problem which is better and which looks cooler and which would you rather have?

G51
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/home_pc_speakers/devices/3549&cl=us,en

OR

Z-5500
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/home_pc_speakers/devices/224&cl=us,en

Which is better for gaming?

Well, obviously the Z-5500 is better due to having a higher RMS output, but remember this, the bigger the output, generally the bigger the speakers and subwoofer. So make sure you know how much room you have for your system. Also, think about the size of the room the system is going into, the G51 will be more than enough for any bedroom, but you might have some troubles mounting the speakers in the right spots to to relatively short cables. If you're going for a bedroom setup, go for the G51 as they are all you need, and you'll be saving a heap of cash. If you need the speakers for a big theatre room, then go for the Z-5500.

jamesy

Also, without money being a problem which is better and which looks cooler and which would you rather have?

G51
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/home_pc_speakers/devices/3549&cl=us,en

OR

Z-5500
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/home_pc_speakers/devices/224&cl=us,en

Which is better for gaming?
I would say the G51 for gaming, the Z-5500 seem more music oriented. But i'm not really sure.
What's the 5.1? the 5.1 channel or w/e is it surround sound?

Are all 5.1's surround sound?
5.1 means 5 speakers 1 subwoofer. And yeah 5.1 sound is usually surround sound.

mkjaekmi

what's a subwoofer? a bass?
If there's 5 speakers, how do I know which 1 is for the left front or left back, right front, etc..?? Will it say on the speaker?

jamesy

^If your speakers are anything like mine then each cable coming out of each speaker will be a different colour. And on the subwoofer, it shows what colour goes where. Pic:

cfb9_1_bl.jpg

And a subwoofer essentially just enhances the bass.

gamerman4

I have had my Z-5500s for two years now and they kick a**, I havent tried any other high-end speakers but I would definitely say that these are great. Also, the speakers hook up using speaker wire instead of the cables that most speakers hook into, so you could technically mix and match different stereo speakers if you wanted to.

mkjaekmi

So do u mean the subwoofer amkes the bass "better"? So is the subwoofer like the next generation bass or something?