Best Value-to-Performance Gaming rig

lunchboxx

Hey people.
I was just wanting to see if any of you guys can put together or already have a good set up list of parts for the best value-to-performance, for a custom PC.
Just something good enough to OC and play pretty much all the good games out there on high detail. GTA4, Battlefield, COD, etc.....

Thinking around 600-800 less or more. Haven't been keeping up with all the newest and best. I prefer Intel, but if you can prove an amd system would be the best bang for buck, then feel free. Id really appreciate it.

And for the heck of it include a good monitor around 24". Any info and recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Lunchboxx

EDIT: I also have my old setup which includes a E6600, ASUS P5B deluxe. The rest I know i would need to replace. If i can get by with getting a better, overclockable motherboard for the E6600 that'd be awesome. I dont even think that the cpu could handle what I want though.

Last edited:

jonnyp11

is the monitor included in the 6 to 800? and also, check your pm's in a sec please.

and can you see if you live near a microcenter too, they have good deals on the processor and mobo combos.

Last edited:

lunchboxx

It doesn't hurt either way. I'm hoping to get this new pc going and start soon here. It's gonna be used for gaming mostly, price range is just a number so i dont go tooooo crazy. lol.

EDIT: I also have my old setup which includes a E6600, ASUS P5B deluxe. The rest I know i would need to replace. If i can get by with getting a better, overclockable motherboard for the E6600 that'd be awesome. I dont even think that the cpu could handle what I want though.

Last edited:

Benny Boy

Low profile.
Seasonic and PCPC have promos on modular units. PCPC might have combo on good low profile RAM.
HDD has other case combo options.

FuryRosewood

myself id aim for a i series chip over the FX, you may be able to overclock...but the i series stock will beat them and run cooler...cant beat that...