Best video card in the $180-$250 price range?

Guitarpik

Hey guys...I'm almost ready to order my parts for my build but I can't decide on a video card.

I haven't bought a pc in almost 10 years and the plethora of different cards and manufacturers is boggling my mind.

I don't have the budget to spend $500+ on the best cards but I want something that is gonna be decent for a while.

I plan on getting a z68 board and a i5 2500k CPU. What is the best card I could get for $250 or less?

Thanks!

claptonman

Agreed with the 560ti. You could also look at the 6950, which is the same price range and almost identical performance. But Nvidia's cards are known to run cooler and use less power, and combine that with physx and better performance specifically in BF3, Nvidia would be my choice.

Guitarpik

Thanks everyone. Looks like I'm going to go with the gtx560ti. Now just to decide with 1gb or 2. Looks like a $25 price difference on newegg right now.

Guitarpik

Won't really be playing many games at all except wanting to come as close as possible to maxing out settings on FSX and/or microsofts new flight simulator.

Other than that I'd probably really only play pc only simulation type games.

Haven't purchased the monitor yet either. I'd like to go at least 24" and possibly as high as 27". But dont really want to spend more than $225.