Best Virtual Machine ? VMWare Parallels etc..

jo86

Hey guys,
I'm about to make a big switch back to Windows after about a decade of Mac OS. All in all I'm comfortable returning to Windows however my number 1 concern really is a famous music recording software called Logic Pro X exclusive to Macs which simply does not exist on Windows.

I've heard the experience on certain apps can be quite horrible in terms of speed and performance through VMWare, especially large CPU-heavy apps like Logic Pro.

Which would be my best bet to grant myself a smooth Mac OSX experience being on a Windows computer ?
Thanking you.

DMGrier

VIP Member
Can you virtualize Mac OS on Windows? I have heard something about IBM working with Apple on enterprise solution for this but did not know this was even possible. If you can, cool.

The big issue I see is passing everything from the hardware side in recording audio through to the VM. I recommend looking for some native Windows tools.

Some good ones are
Pro Tools
Reaper
FL Studio
Ardour
Acid Pro

Been playing guitar for a long time but have never had the itch to record. A guy I work with though does and he has highly recommended Reaper to me in the past. He said for the price you cannot beat it.

jo86

thanks guys Reaper is what I got, but I'd still like to be able to handle Logic Pro X or LPX projects on Windows just for a few occasions. I guess VMWare then.