Best way to setup an hourly backup?

JoeSamo

I need to setup an hourly backup of my minecraft server. Currently I have several modified batch files for all 7 days that look something like this
robocopy C:\MinecraftServer C:\Users\Administrator\Dropbox\backups\1 /r:3 /w:60 /e /log:backup_log.txt
any-who hope I'm even doing that part correctly! The trick here is I want the hourly backups to be separated into 7 parent folders with 24 child folders per parent folder (obviously hour backups durp) and not to overwrite anything thats timestamp has not changed. Am I doomed to making 168 batch files of robocopy or is there another way? This is running on windows server 2008 r2.

Thank you for your time
Joe

(I also posted this on reddit for you redditors and hoping for more chances of help http://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/vbwqh/whats_the_best_way_to_setup_an_hourly_backup/ )

JoeSamo

can it separate the hourlys into 168 different directory's (Well probably 7 more than that if you add the parent directory's) ? Can it also choose a specific folder to backup? Does it know not to recopy things which time stamps have not changed? This is what im looking for

Last edited: