Best ways to increase internet and download speeds

benihana99

Hey everybody, i was just wondering if anyone could help my increase my internet speed without paying a fortune. I use Safari as my default internet browser and would like to speed up Safari, Limewire, and Steam downloads. Any ideas?

Dropkickmurphys

the best way to improve any download speeds would be to download from Reliable, fast sources. to improve general internet stop using Limewire (or make sure its not running all the time), use a different browser to IE, make sure you PC is free of Viruses and Spyware.

cohen

Firefox IS faster than IE 4 me

Yes same.

Safari is almost / is the same speed as FF. But i think it is very good on a windows system.

the best way to improve any download speeds would be to download from Reliable, fast sources. to improve general internet stop using Limewire (or make sure its not running all the time), use a different browser to IE, make sure you PC is free of Viruses and Spyware.

Yes! This will help.

Dropkickmurphys

Limewire is good when you use it.

not really, i was trying to download something on my friends pc with it for them, as that is what i insisted i use, and the download speed was awful, i know this comes down to the user, but its so unreliable when it comes to download speeds lol...

i really dont see the point in it, you can get just about anything (that is legal) off of it from the internet using a browser anyway from a proper download server that will give you decent speeds.

cohen

not really, i was trying to download something on my friends pc with it for them, as that is what i insisted i use, and the download speed was awful, i know this comes down to the user, but its so unreliable when it comes to download speeds lol...

i really dont see the point in it, you can get just about anything (that is legal) off of it from the internet using a browser anyway from a proper download server that will give you decent speeds.

Yeah i guess.....

benihana99

yeah, limewire only runs when i need it, and i use Safari web browser. I run virus scans every morning automatically. I was just wondering if putting in a better LAN card or whatever would increase my speed. It seems abnormally slow, and I just built a new computer that is pretty damn fast....

Dropkickmurphys

what speed is your internet? Download / Upload...

if you are wired with a 100Mbps Ethernet cable, replacing the card wont do much good without upgrading the cable and the router too...

what are the pc specs?

and as well as running a virus scan, do you ever scan for spyware?

G25r8cer

Limewire is crappy altogether and there is no debating that. Everything hosted on that is infected!!