Best ways to increase internet and download speeds

Calibretto

VIP Member
Best ways to increase internet and download speeds?
that is really of your said.
good topic .how really nice of you.
I really troubled by this problem ,I have asked for some people .but the feedback is not good .
when I see you words ,I really feel happy and good,
hmm good luck to you.
what?

benihana99

what speed is your internet? Download / Upload...

if you are wired with a 100Mbps Ethernet cable, replacing the card wont do much good without upgrading the cable and the router too...

what are the pc specs?

and as well as running a virus scan, do you ever scan for spyware?

its not the PC. check my sig.

i think the cable might help, although i don't know how good it is. there is only two computers and an Xbox 360 connected to the router at the moment. speedtest.net shows about a 1mbps download, 350 kbps upload, but i was downloading CSS last night in Steam at only 120kbps. perhaps it is the program.

oh well, thanks for all the advice. i will see about a new router and cable.

G25r8cer

its not the PC. check my sig.

i think the cable might help, although i don't know how good it is. there is only two computers and an Xbox 360 connected to the router at the moment. speedtest.net shows about a 1mbps download, 350 kbps upload, but i was downloading CSS last night in Steam at only 120kbps. perhaps it is the program.

oh well, thanks for all the advice. i will see about a new router and cable.

How much are you paying for that service and what ISP? 1mbps download speed is very slow.

Dropkickmurphys

speedtest.net shows about a 1mbps download, 350 kbps upload, but i was downloading CSS last night in Steam at only 120kbps. perhaps it is the program.

that sounds about right, i have a 1Mb line here at uni, and i get about 100KB/s download speed. at home i have an 8Mb line and get about 300 - 800KB/s download speed.