Best website to customize your personal laptop

hdawg12

Hey guys,

Is there a website you recommend which gives you the ability to customize your personal laptop? I used ibuypower before, but when I try to customize my own laptop, it doesn't give me the option to not include an OS. I already have my personal choice OS and I would like to use it instead of the one I would pay for in the customization section.

beers

Staff member
You might be able to phone support or something if you had a preference on OS that isn't available on the online system builder. Margins for OS are super low on large distributors so you'll likely pay the same price whether it comes with windows or not.

hdawg12

that's fine. If, at the end of the day, I have to purchase a laptop with an OS, I'll do it. I was just hoping there was one out there(thats recommended). I'll check out Sager.

Anyone else have recommendations?

Just an fyi, I'm gonna use my laptop for 3d animation, website design and some gaming, so I"m looking for a good cpu and gpu as well as other things, but those two are most important.

Last edited by a moderator:

hdawg12

I'm looking at around $2k or less. If need be I can spend up to $2,200. I'm trying to get a good cpu(thinking about Intel core i7-7700k) and good GPU(Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 8GB)