Best Wireless Router/Adapter

Cbeck527

My wireless router AND adapter both suck. Like I mean SUCK. I have a motorola sbg900, and a Motorola adapter. (I have a neighbor that works for them and he is really nice. Once again, they both are terrible. The router is pitiful, as it is an all-in-one type thing. It is a router, and wireless router with an antennae the size of my pinky finger. My room is on the second floor, which is almost diagonal-ly up and to the side of the router (bad).

I was wondering what kind of router/adapter you guys have and your expierence with them.

Also, if you have any suggestions about which router/adapter to get, i would like that alot :D

beck

DCIScouts

VIP Member
I have a D-Link Wireless Router and a Linksys PCI Adapter. I would recommend and D-Link, Netgear or Linksys networking products. However, do not get any USB adapters as a general rule, they suck no matter what brand, just fundamentally bad. And FYI, all Wireless Routers have a wired router built into in (usually 4 ports). Unless you are talking about a cable modem built-in as well, which therefore I agree, haven't found any of those that I like.

Cbeck527

dciscouts said:
And FYI, all Wireless Routers have a wired router built into in (usually 4 ports). Unless you are talking about a cable modem built-in as well, which therefore I agree, haven't found any of those that I like.
It is a cable modem, router, and wireless router (bleh)

Thanks for the suggestion, oddly enough i was looking at a usb one