Beware - Newegg "Egg Saver" Shipping

Geoff

VIP Member
Whenever I had ordered from Newegg, my order was almost always at my house in 2-3 days (excluding weekends/holidays). I preferred FedEx, but then they went to UPS, where I still got it in 2-3 days except it came in the evening instead of the afternoon.

Anyways, I ordered my first item with "Egg Saver" shipping, since it was free I decided to go with it instead of spending $6 on 3-day service. Here is the history of my order so far:

11/26 - Order Placed
11/28 - Shipped (According to Newegg)
12/01 - Tracking Information Received
12/02 - Supposedly "Picked Up" (Wasn't it shipped on the 28th?)
12/03 - Arrived in Kentucky
12/04 - Departed Kentucky
12/08 - Arrived in Massachusetts

It has been 12 days (8 business days), and I don't have it yet. And according to the tracking information it left Kentucky a few days ago and probably has another 1-2 stops before getting to NH.

So just as a warning, even though they say 3-7 business days, it most likely will be MUCH longer. I'd rather Newegg give a discount and charge $0.99 for 3-Day shipping or something.

EDIT: Today it arrived in Massachusetts, so it should be here in 2 days or so, it will have taken 9-10 business days for it to arrive since I placed my order.

Last edited:

theasian100

That's pretty messed up... I've used the Eggsaver many times and I've never had to wait more than 3 days to get my items

Geoff

VIP Member
What did you order?(If you don't mind me asking) Maybe it ran out of stock?
I ordered a wireless mouse for my laptop. It's still in stock now.

That's pretty messed up... I've used the Eggsaver many times and I've never had to wait more than 3 days to get my items
Are you sure that was Egg Saver (3-7 Day) and not the UPS 3-Day saver shipping?

dznutz

i love ups..... they come to my house between 2pm and 8pm.
when i'm not there they put it in front of my doorstep
i always use usps whenever possible. they always come within 2:30 - 3:20pm and NEVER leave things in front of the door where everybody can grab it.

about newegg shipping... if the items are in the nearest warehouse then i'd get it within 2 days. the longest i've waited was a week and it was from the east coast.

Twist86

I love them too...I have had 2 packages f***** thrown and dropped kicked this year by them.

Fedex I loved for years and never had a jack off kick my package nor leave my package at the door and walk off...they don't even knock or ring the doorbell anymore.

Wasn't for Neweggs customer support and their great packaging I would have switched to a FedEx site.

Geoff

VIP Member
when i'm not there they put it in front of my doorstep
i always use usps whenever possible. they always come within 2:30 - 3:20pm and NEVER leave things in front of the door where everybody can grab it.

about newegg shipping... if the items are in the nearest warehouse then i'd get it within 2 days. the longest i've waited was a week and it was from the east coast.
Again, that happens to me to if it's shipped from NJ or even TN using UPS 3-Day shipping. However this "Egg Saver" shipping is shipped via DHL, who then hands it over to USPS for delivery. Stupid IMO, why didn't they go via USPS from the start?

Dystopia

well, its not 3-7 GUARUNTEED. Just like if i ship somthing via mail where it says 2.9 bus days, it can still take longer. Newgg is not at fault, they do not contorl the post office. In fact, one time, my old brother ordered somthing(not from newegg) it was supposed to me here within 9 days, it came in 14(?) days instead, because for several days it just sat at the post office!

Geoff

VIP Member
well, its not 3-7 GUARUNTEED. Just like if i ship somthing via mail where it says 2.9 bus days, it can still take longer. Newgg is not at fault, they do not contorl the post office. In fact, one time, my old brother ordered somthing(not from newegg) it was supposed to me here within 9 days, it came in 14(?) days instead, because for several days it just sat at the post office!
Read my original post. I am not blaming Newegg, I am blaming their "Egg Saver" shipping option and warning others that it may very well take 7+ days for it to arrive.

brian

VIP Member
I love them too...I have had 2 packages f***** thrown and dropped kicked this year by them.

Fedex I loved for years and never had a jack off kick my package nor leave my package at the door and walk off...they don't even knock or ring the doorbell anymore.

Wasn't for Neweggs customer support and their great packaging I would have switched to a FedEx site.

May I just remind everyone that swearing is unacceptable here. Even bleeping out letters does not change the meaning.

Please refer to http://www.computerforum.com/89001-swearing-computer-forum.html

simpletron

I'm not suprised by the package taking longer than 7 days given when you ordered. anything thats says 7+ days as the max time is only being flown around when there is extra capacity on the plane(s). since it is the holiday season(and ordered right before a very busy shopping weekend), there isn't a lot of extra capacity and thus some delays are bound to happen and people getting their packages a couple of days late.

Trizoy

VIP Member
You opted for the free shipping and you are complaining? And it wasnt 8 business days, it is 5, since the Thanksgiving holiday. Also you need to take into account the volume of packages being sent around.. it is the holiday season. If you don't want to be put in the situation pay the $6.00

Geoff

VIP Member
You opted for the free shipping and you are complaining? And it wasnt 8 business days, it is 5, since the Thanksgiving holiday. Also you need to take into account the volume of packages being sent around.. it is the holiday season. If you don't want to be put in the situation pay the $6.00
I actually forgot about Thanksgiving, haha! Even so, by the time it gets here it will have been 7+ days. Again, sorry if my original post came off as hostile, I simply wanted to warn people that Newegg's fairly new "Egg Saver" shipping take quite a while to receive (most likely the fault of DHL and needing to tender to USPS). My real complaint is how Newegg changed their free shipping services from UPS 3-Day to this new Egg Saver via DHL/USPS.

Anyways, what I found interesting was that only a few items with free shipping are sent via Egg Saver, the rest are shipped FREE via UPS 3-Day Guarantee.

I ordered that one item on 11/26 and haven't received it yet, and in the mean time I ordered something on 11/28 and I got it on 12/3, and it was shipped from CA!

Calibretto

VIP Member
Why did Newegg switch to DHL for their free shipping? DHL is full of FAIL. Here's what my tracking status says. I ordered on 12/4:

"We do not yet have any record of the tracking number you've entered. Please try again later."

Geoff

VIP Member
Why did Newegg switch to DHL for their free shipping? DHL is full of FAIL. Here's what my tracking status says. I ordered on 12/4:

"We do not yet have any record of the tracking number you've entered. Please try again later."
Exactly! Newegg said my order had been shipped and I even had a tracking number, however it took 3-4 days for the tracking number to even become active, and when the tracking information did finally appear it showed as being shipped that day, not when I received the tracking number.

DHL really is fail for things like this, especially when they have to tend it over to USPS since they don't want to drive out to Dunbarton to deliver it.

Geoff

VIP Member
DHL and USPS ground shipping is from the pit of Hell!
Do you mean UPS? USPS is the best IMO, their priority mail is very reasonable on small-medium packages, arrives in 2-3 days, they deliver on Saturday, and the mail usually comes in the afternoon. I wish Newegg used them for their smaller items.

Well anyways, maybe the dates were messed up because I received my package today via USPS (tracking info said it arrived in Mass. today...).

Anyways, I would say use Egg Saver if you don't mind waiting a week or so, but if you want the normal 2-3 day delivery, choose UPS 3-day.