BF2 Players: How much ram do you use?

matt12685848

BF2 Players: How much ram do you use? I have 1GB of ram and I could run high at 40fps but now they updated the game. It uses a lot more ram... And in the middle of the game it freezes and it is very choppy. I have it on lowest settings and it still does the same thing. I went to see how much extra ram I had while running BF2 and there was only 5mb. I'm trying to decide if I should get another gig.

bigsaucybob

matt12685848 said:
BF2 Players: How much ram do you use? I have 1GB of ram and I could run high at 40fps but now they updated the game. It uses a lot more ram... And in the middle of the game it freezes and it is very choppy. I have it on lowest settings and it still does the same thing. I went to see how much extra ram I had while running BF2 and there was only 5mb. I'm trying to decide if I should get another gig.

I havent played in a while but when i did last play i had 1 gig and it ran fine. I would say your gpu could be holding you back, but an extra gig would definitly make a difference in loading times and other sorts of stuff.

kyllc

yeah, it has become very laggy lately. but i'm not running it on my gaming machine b/c my mobo go boom

sniperchang

matt12685848 said:

I found out that BF2 takes all my 512 mb of ram, and 1 gig of virtual ram (ON LOW SETTINGS!). I'd go get 2 gigs, actually, I will, soon :p

matt12685848

bigsaucybob said:
I havent played in a while but when i did last play i had 1 gig and it ran fine. I would say your gpu could be holding you back, but an extra gig would definitly make a difference in loading times and other sorts of stuff.
My GPU is not holding me back. Its the ram thats running out, and I wanted to see how much ram everyone else is running. (Btw im not talking about the first version, im talking about version 1.12 and on) It worked fine before v 1.12

Dragontower

Ok...first of all I just finished Building 2 P4's for a client. Specs are P4 3.2 1gib ram 256mb Vid blablabla..Other one is the same ,but with 512mb Saphire Vid. and 2gb ram.Now, come to find out, these guys are Major BF2 players.They are currently playing with the new Patch + Exp. and you know what?The gaming SUCKS!!! ---->Answer to why it does: The Intel P4 CPU's !!! I had them come over and bring their tower next to mine,(AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200 Dual core only 1 gb of ram, well , let me tell ya, it was all a different tone there!!!They were able to Drop the bomb on those trops before the trops knew what hit them!

Quality and Performance IS important ! Intel only has one of those features...and that's not even one of them! AMD's are much easier to cool down then an Intel + It's built for Gamers ,not for offices which is the market Intels after.---->Wooooops eh!Get it now?

Anyways ,I'm not trying to tell you where to fork your money, but If I were you next time you buy a machine, buy a Monster Gamer for 1/4 of the price of an Office equipment;)
Oh one last thing, It rocks with anything above X800 Vid card ! If you want to change something and are not going to change your mind about Intel, Change your Vid card !!! Yes ,it does make a difference! Remember, x800 or better.----> I'd go x1600,x1900 ...but it's a little pricy right now.

_D_R_A_G_O_N_T_O_W_E_R__
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!!

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
matt12685848 said:
My GPU is not holding me back. Its the ram thats running out, and I wanted to see how much ram everyone else is running. (Btw im not talking about the first version, im talking about version 1.12 and on) It worked fine before v 1.12

I have a gig of ram and its running pretty well, and i have a better graphics card than you (x850pro). One of my friend had the 6600gt with 2 gigs of ram and he couldn't run the game on max with decent fps. So i still think it's your gpu holding you back.