Big problem!! [SOLVED]

Grantapus

okay, so basically my Desktop gave my a error saying there was a problem with my cpu fan.
so i took my whole desktop apart and put new thermal paste on the cpu, cleaned the dust, etc.

i put everything "back together" and pressed power. all fans and lights turned on. but sadly no display signal. so i unplugged the pc and tweaked some things (i cant remember what a tweaked) and i pressed power. the system turned on for about half a second and powered off.

i need help.

PS

my specs are:

asus m5a97 r2.0 motherboard, 16 GB of PNY ddr3 ram, ThermalTake TR2 500W PSU, im not exactly sure what graphics card i have, but its a PNY card by nividia. i have a im pretty sure my cpu is a
AMD FD6300WMHKBOX FX-6300 6-Core Processor Black Edition

Laquer Head

Did you go over the PC and double check you connected all the harnesses and plugs properly? In particular the CPU power (blue 8-pin at top of board on yours)

Deadpool

Also the RAM may require more force to install than you think. As I said, unless you check everything is connected properly there is no point on trying to troubleshoot.

Grantapus

Did you go over the PC and double check you connected all the harnesses and plugs properly? In particular the CPU power (blue 8-pin at top of board on yours)
yes, i plugged that in. i dont know exactly where all the fan cables go etc, i just stuck them in.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Remove power cord, remove CMOS battery, hold power button for 5 seconds, reinstall CMOS battery, plug in power cord, and turn PC on.

i dont know exactly where all the fan cables go etc, i just stuck them in.
Well the one for the CPU has a header that says "CPU FAN" on it. If you don't plug the CPU fan on that header it will throw an error.

Laquer Head

yes, i plugged that in. i dont know exactly where all the fan cables go etc, i just stuck them in.
type your mobo into google and click images, it'll show you a pic of your board so you can see alot easier where plug and such are... some are even labelled

Grantapus

Grantapus

okay, so i unplugged all the cables again and looked at the motherboard manual and followed all the directions. still no luck.

EDIT: i got all the fans / led's and stuff to turn on, but no signal.

Last edited:

Deadpool

I don't know what to think. You didn't make any software or BIOS changes.

Now you should try following the steps I mentioned on the message.