BIG problem

heaiser

For the last few weeks my computer would crash once in a while for unknown reasons, so I reformatted and started from scratch last night (backed up all my files onto my other partition). I started moving my files back to my fresh windows partition and today I did a few windows updates (.netframe or whatever its called and the winows media player update) and when I rebooted it wouldn't boot into windows. Finally after a while it did but 90% of the stuff I installed was gone and my email files and such dissappeared. I used ERD commander to try to restore the email I deleted off my other partition after I reforatted last night and it found everything I deleted but my email. So my question is what happened with my C drive that made it delete everything and is there a better program I can use to try to restore deleted files? (ps. I had norton installed and service pack 2)

heaiser

OK, now I found the folders that contained my email with a recovery program... but only the folders are there. The files are gone... anyone know of a recovery program that is better and might find the files?