BIOS 2008

rvham

The computer has 2008 BIOS. The cpu is a Intel Core 2 cpu. Went looking in the BIOS in the Advance tab for the vertilization heading. Did not see it. So I'm guessing these BIOS don't support it. Would that be a correct assumption? MB is a Intel DP35DP. Thanks

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What exact cpu do you have? The cpu must also support VT besides the motherboard. Look in the secuity section in the bios and see if you see something like this.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
The 8400 does support VT. Did you look in the security section in the bios for that VT option? If not, you may need a bios update.

rvham

The 8400 does support VT. Did you look in the security section in the bios for that VT option? If not, you may need a bios update.
Thanks John. My BIOS are 2008. Went to Intel website and found everything except for the update. Good to know its the BIOS and not the MB. Will find sooner or later. Merry Christmas. Thanks for the help.

beers

Staff member
VT is difficult on those platforms because they didn't really support that many resources such as RAM.

Are you trying to run VMware or something else?

rvham

I'm running Oracle VM VirtualBox on my other Linux MX computer and just wanted to install on this Linux Mint computer. Was looking for BIOS update but found everything else but what I needed.