BIOS Question

Carnau

I have a ASRock Fatal1ty P67 Performance LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard.

I'm not really having any problems with it but I want to upgrade my video card and I was told I should also update my bios.

I really have no idea what that means. I can change some components and do what I consider minor repairs. I play around a lot with it but really have no idea what I am doing.

Does this mean I will need to reinstall windows on my PC?
Would it be a good idea to put a fresh version of windows on the PC when I update the BIOS
Where would I find an updated BIOS for this and do they make different types? For instance when you update a vehicles computer you can install horse power, torque, fuel programs. Do I need a BIOS for gaming.

Alot of these questions may be stupid but I really don't understand what BIOS do or what I even need them upgraded for and when I try to read it online I have a hard time understanding. If someone could break it down barney style for me that would be great!

If this was building a race car I could do it blind folded.

Thanks for all the help!

beers

Staff member
You probably don't need to do anything unless there are significant changes in the BIOS changelog.

You don't need to change anything about Windows when updating your BIOS.