Bios update failed can't boot into windows.

So basically i have anothor an 8 gig stick of ram. And it wasnt showing up in bios. I read somewhere that it might be bios and i need to update it. After updating it computer shows new bios picture but windows doesnt boot only shows windows loading animation 2 dots that freeze after 1 sec making system reboot.

Tried removing battery.
Shorting jumpers(it let me choose 2 options: use default settings and boot or use default settings and reboot <- i choose this one)
Windows 7 home premium.
Mb: Gigabyte b75m-d2v

P.s the system has q-flash to quickly install bios update. And before i updated bios i saved my current bios but i didnt upload it to my flash drive. Tried to access computer data through safe mode it reboots me back .
Pls help

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Can you boot to bios and make sure correct drive is set for boot? Other then that, you'll have to back up any data by using either another computer or a usb adapter, then reinstall windows.

Ok. But before that im going to try to install bios again. I probably installed wrong motherboard bios.
Just gonna go to friends house and put bios into usb there.
Thank you for your reply!!!!

Edit: oh yeah now that i think about it. If wrong bios was installed how could computer even boot or get past boot screen. Why does windows animation lags instead of something in bios. Did i corrupt windows?

OmniDyne

So basically i have anothor an 8 gig stick of ram. And it wasnt showing up in bios. I read somewhere that it might be bios and i need to update it. After updating it computer shows new bios picture but windows doesnt boot only shows windows loading animation 2 dots that freeze after 1 sec making system reboot.

Tried removing battery.
Shorting jumpers(it let me choose 2 options: use default settings and boot or use default settings and reboot <- i choose this one)
Windows 7 home premium.
Mb: Gigabyte b75m-d2v

P.s the system has q-flash to quickly install bios update. And before i updated bios i saved my current bios but i didnt upload it to my flash drive. Tried to access computer data through safe mode it reboots me back .
Pls help

You're saying you added another stick of RAM, and now the system is boot looping?

Have you tried removing the new RAM stick and then attempted to boot Windows? Could be a bad stick.

No i was saying that my anothor ram stick wasnt showing up so i decides to update bios.. anyways thank you johnb35 i reinstalled win and now its working..
So basically updating bios corrupted win boot somehow