Bioshock reviews

hermeslyre

VIP Member
This is for those of you who are lovin' the trailers but are still worried that that the overhyped, graphically superior Bioshock may fall on it's face gameplay-wise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioshock

Scroll down to the review section and you will see IGN, 1up.com, GameInformer and all the other lucky bastards who got to review an early copy give Bioshock nearly perfect reviews stating that, "BioShock does not just meet your expectations, but completely redefines them forever in ways you never even expected" and that Bioshock "delivers the most rewarding and adrenaline-filled experience I have ever had with an FPS." Sets aside my worries and maybe some of yours too.

remember to keep an eye out for the playable demo in the next 3 days, and don't forget to post it! :D

kobaj

VIP Member
Friend got the playable demo on 360. Said its a good game but parts of it just dont fit right. Like using the genetic syringes instead of grenades and the cut scenes sucked (too long), etc, etc. He admits the graphics and gameplay are amazing. But its not worth it to go out and buy with a 60$, maybe 40$.

hermeslyre

VIP Member
Hm, well one bad review out of a dozen is hardly something I'm worried about, besides I've bought all my games according to some of these sites and magazines, and I've never once been disappointed. :)

Burgerbob

i wish i had money for games...
and that i would take the time for a campaign...
this game has not got a review below a 9.5.

Grimulus

Hm, well one bad review out of a dozen is hardly something I'm worried about, besides I've bought all my games according to some of these sites and magazines, and I've never once been disappointed. :)

Indeed, me too. I don't have the cash to continually drop 40-60 dollars on games to see if I like them. Gamespot has in general steered me the right direction, so I'll take their advice most of the time. A few games here and there I loved and they didn't, or vice versa, but in general I will look at game reviews before I spend my money.

jimmymac

VIP Member
GamePro: 5/5
teamxbox.com 9.5/10
IGN 9.7/10
PC Gamer UK: 95%
OXM UK: 10/10
Game Informer: 10/10
Alternative Press: 5/5
Xbox World: 94%
PC Zone UK: 96%
Eurogamer: 10/10
Game Reactor: 9/10
Gamespy: 5/5
1up: 10/10

thats a selection of some of the review results so far, looks pretty damn good to me.

I'm not a massive fan of FPS as such but this one I will be getting, not becuase of the reviews thus far but because I only recently found out that its got links to Looking Glass's System Shock games.

SS1 was aboslutely brilliant, a fantastic setup with a wonderful user interface that could be as simple or as complicated as you felt like making it. The story was wonderfully made and it rates as one of my favourite games of all time.

Looking forward to seeing what small parts of the SS series have made it thorugh into bioshock

I will buy it a little after launch date, it won't fly off of Walmart shelves where I live. "DURR, What's a Core 2 Duo?" I can see it now, a bunch of ppl buy it and return it to Walmart b/c their PC is like a P3, that would definitely be in this area.

12-Gauge

"DURR, What's a Core 2 Duo?" I can see it now, a bunch of ppl buy it and return it to Walmart b/c their PC is like a P3, that would definitely be in this area.

Lol. You just reminded me of the funniest thing! My sister came in to my room a few weeks ago and announced "I am so getting a Pentium D!". I looked at her in a confused way and said "what?". And she goes "The Pentium Cs are finally turning to Pentium Ds and apparently they're much better!". She left and I sat there for a second thinking if she might be on drugs, then it hit me. C to D. C2D. Lol. She thought it was some sort of marketing slogan to mark the "switchover". She was so excited because her computer is so slow and she can''t play the Sims 2.

Lol. You just reminded me of the funniest thing! My sister came in to my room a few weeks ago and announced "I am so getting a Pentium D!". I looked at her in a confused way and said "what?". And she goes "The Pentium Cs are finally turning to Pentium Ds and apparently they're much better!". She left and I sat there for a second thinking if she might be on drugs, then it hit me. C to D. C2D. Lol. She thought it was some sort of marketing slogan to mark the "switchover". She was so excited because her computer is so slow and she can''t play the Sims 2.

OMG...yeah, it would be easy for the mind to see it that way... That's hilarious...

DCIScouts

VIP Member

I have to try and interpret those type of statements all the time at work...

As for the game, I really haven't had much time to play much of anything lately. And classes haven't even started yet!!! :(