BioStar MB start up?

monkeykevin

Hey, I'm new to this forum I just hope by asking question here could help me a lot more than asking my friends.

Any how I've built three custom system already and now my 4th one isn't working right and I was hoping you guys could help me.

I bought a BIOSTAR MB for a cheap system running on XP-2000, Thermale take 420wt, 512mb Corrsair 2700, Gforce 5500, and BioStar MB.

I know all the parts work but the CPU or the MB. My bro USED to used the CPU and then swap out for a better one so the CPU SHOULD work but then the MB I don't know...

I order it from Newegg and the first time I popped everything together Nothing turned on all i can hear is a quiet High pitch sound from the Power SUpply which I'm assuming the MB isn't taking it in...

After that I tested the Power Supply on a diffrent CPU works great, Ram and GPU and all the other junks...

After that I just assume its the MotherBoard so I EXchanged with Newegg and the same thing still happen so does anyone know what the problem is if nothing loads up not even the Monitor disply a thing...

~Kevin~

Camper

Well since you have exchanged the MOBO it may not be the MOBO unless the MOBO is touching the case. If your 512mb of ram is two sticks test each stick one at a time or try a different ram stick. Also try a different GPU and check to make sure every thing is hooked up right.

monkeykevin

I used the GPU, Power Supply, RAM, and HDD on a diffrent comp WORKS PERFECT....

The only thing I havent tested is CPU because it works fine even though my bro upgraded for a newer one. so the only thing is Nothing starts up when pluged into the BioStar... all I hear is a pitch noise from the Power Supply...

Even with a fried CPU it should still turn on or something...

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I know all the parts work but the CPU or the MB. My bro USED to used the CPU and then swap out for a better one so the CPU SHOULD work but then the MB I don't know...
1. Whats the old/new CPU?
2. Whats the make and model of the mobo?
3. Is the CPU getting the right Vcore? :)