Biostar MCP6PB M2+ Ver. 6.0 audio problem

willjm3931

i built a computer with this mb Biostar MCP6PB M2+ Ver. 6.0a several months ago and just finally got it up and running because I couldn't find my xp license. It doesn't recognize the audio. I tried downloading different drivers and still doesn't work. Any suggestions?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Right click on that device and click on properties, then click on the details tab and give me the 4 digit vendor and device id numbers. They look like this.

Attachments

• device.JPG
    device.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 3,577

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You didn't give me the full details I need you missed a digit on the vendor and you didn't list a device ID. Look at what is circled in red in the attached image. Getting a screen shot of the device manager would help. Do you have an entry labeled Realtek high definition audio listed under sound already? If so, do you have a video card that possibly has an hdmi port and this is the driver you are looking for?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
nope, no attached image. Just check the numbers again. Each id needs 4 digits, which could be all numbers or combination of letters and numbers.

praja.groups

MCP6PB M2+ Audio Driver Problem

Hello Friends,

For me also same problem I have downloaded the drivers from Biostar website and Realtek website also. But, It is not getting install. Pls solve this problem. I have attached the screen shot. I hope this will be sufficient.

Thanks
Raja

Attachments

• audio driver.JPG
    audio driver.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 1,274

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Your only other option is to go buy a dedicated sound card as it sounds like you have a bad onboard sound chip.

praja.groups

Oh... It is sad. No other option ?

I have 3 systems and I am using it for Games. All systems are same configurations and I bought just 3 months back. The person who installed the system he missed out the mother board cds. All other drivers are downloaded from Biostar website and it is installed successfully. I don't know why this audio driver is not getting installed.

Last edited: