Birthday PC :D

Aastii

VIP Member
Youv'e lost me :p
Leave some links so far that the easiest to understand

When you play a game, you have a setting in the video settings which will have 2 numbers, for example, 1280 x 1024, or 1920 x 1080 etc. What are the numbers you use when you play?

What version of Windows are you going to be using, for instance Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7?

What Power Supply will you be using. If this is something your friend is sorting out for you, ask him.

Do you need every part for the computer, or just the motherboard, video card and CPU? If you need them all, you will need more than just those 3, because you will also need RAM, a hard drive, a case and a DVD drive

Hsv_Man

Tasty i know how you feel the psn being hacked it was very painful not just to us but to Sony's reputation

On the other hand birthday computers are as good as they get put the $ in and get some good parts like the gigabyte motherboard mentioned here. Get a good graphics card plenty of ram and you won't go wrong for about 5 years until you need to upgrade again.

Tasty

When you play a game, you have a setting in the video settings which will have 2 numbers, for example, 1280 x 1024, or 1920 x 1080 etc. What are the numbers you use when you play?

What version of Windows are you going to be using, for instance Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7?

What Power Supply will you be using. If this is something your friend is sorting out for you, ask him.

Do you need every part for the computer, or just the motherboard, video card and CPU? If you need them all, you will need more than just those 3, because you will also need RAM, a hard drive, a case and a DVD drive

My friend said that if I looked into what I needed that he'd do the rest of the work i.e, RAM, power supply. Or at least that the words I think I heard :confused:

Tomorrow I'll ask him and return to update you. :)
I'd give you Kudos but I'm still learning how to use this site

spynoodle

That looks good. ;) I didn't know what your budget was when I recommended the 6790, so if you can afford the 6950 then go for it. The 2500k is a must, though. It's an insanely fast CPU.

Tasty

That looks good. ;) I didn't know what your budget was when I recommended the 6790, so if you can afford the 6950 then go for it. The 2500k is a must, though. It's an insanely fast CPU.

Link it in the Thread. Its easier for me.
Thank you for helping me.

Tasty

Its a bank holiday so I can't get through to my friend. Thank you for all your help guys. I keep you noted on my PC when its built.
I'D GIVE YOU ALL KUDOS BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW!:D

Tasty

Ok. I gave him my list and he told me to check if Shogun 2, MW3 and BF3 run on Windows 7. Easy enough....
I hope :(