bitmap to jpeg

aznvibe15

this is probably irrelevant to computers but I thought that someone would have an answer..

pictures that i take with my sony digital camera come in Bitmap..why does the quality change when i put it on my computer and change it to jpeg?

Is there anyway to make the quality better while in jpeg format?

slmgringo

what are you using to chage it to jpeg? Most likely you are trying to compress the file too much, and loosing data in the image file. Look for JPEG compression or quality options before saving or converting. hope this helps.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
what are you using to chage it to jpeg? Most likely you are trying to compress the file too much, and loosing data in the image file. Look for JPEG compression or quality options before saving or converting. hope this helps.

Agreed. Also, Is there not a setting on your camera for jpeg? It is a common format.

aznvibe15

i've been using paint to reduce the size of the image and then converting that to jpeg....is there a diff program i should use?

aman_s1ngh

using adobe photoshop will be the better option compared to ms paint... before you save it gives u an option of the compression rate set it to the lowest jpg compression rate and you'll have a near bmp quality