Black Hole - Benchmark (OLD Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

87dtna

Really? Please list the programs you use regularly, I guarantee that atleast 75% of them are single threaded.

Last edited:

jonnyp11

I kinda agree. I mean really how many new programs just use a single thread any more, very few. Single thread scores should be a very low % of the total score.

A cool test would be one with a 4 threaded test and one with multi/as many treads as you can throw at it test. Then combine the scores equally. No single thread at all. If you have a single core or a dual core, tough you bought it. I mean AMD came out with a dual core 8 years ago, old tech. Do they even make single cores any more, lol.

Hell, i dont think they even make single core cell phones any more :p the new tegra 4 is like 12 core or something weird and i know intel has a quad core cell processor.

jonnyp11

Really? Please list the programs you use regularly, I guarantee that atleast 75% of them are single threaded.

Chrome and games.

Really the things that use a single core are so old and non-demanding that there wont be a big enough difference between them for it to matter n the real world. I will admit that the i5 system i built was snapier than mine, but considering the 1866 ram and good mobo and price difference, i dont think the difference was that big.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
I'm not saying I'm deleting the singlethreaded, but I'll surely add a quad threaded bench... or how should I name it? :p

And jonnyp, you're right about that, but really most people see the difference between 1 and 2 seconds. But most of singlethreaded use (70%) you'll see almost no difference.
Singlethreaded is always been a part of the technology that's improved with every new generation, this will stay but I'll reduce its scale by a bit.

What do you guys think, first website with the current version? Or 4.2 first and after that the website?

jonnyp11

I think'd i'd go for the more stable and jonny approved build before going for a site to promote it and all. i should get a pic made, seal of approval thing (the meme probably but saying jonnyp11's seal of approval) :D

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Holy shit! Just posted it on guru... 1500 downloads on the page, 300 tests in database and hunderds of threads about the bench if you search in google!!! In 1 small week and tests count 50-100 a day lol...
We'll need to organise some private competitions I think :p

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Long list, I tried to remove all cheaters... But think their are still some in.
Looking to the scores, AMD is just unrealistic in disadvantage.
The next version will be out soon to fix this issue + integrated corespeed measure + maybe website + 4 threaded bench.
total41.jpg

spirit

Staff member
NOOO!!! THE 3700+ IS NO LONGEST SLOWEST?? ;)

Yeah, how are these people' 'cheating?' Telling you the wrong clockspeed or something?

How the heck did that guy get a 3770K to 5.8GHz by the way??

jonnyp11

by being awesome (the 3770k @ 5.8 that is)

i think i'm gonna go kill the lowest speed thing. does it work on 32-bit? think that computer is so might not actually work, might just lock cores and clock to like 1GHz or less, but that might fry my cpu as idk what voltage would be best to use for that so NVM on that part

spirit

Staff member
Welcome to the forum! That's a nice score you got there, what hardware were you running on?

Status
Not open for further replies.