Black Hole - Benchmark (OLD Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Yeah hmm something is up, only lost 180 points with turning HT off-

BH42I786042noHT1910mhzram.jpg

The benchmark is testing multithreaded performance AND stability, the program will the number of the logical cores in threads and then use a multiplier to measure the scores.

87dtna

It's 5 times the difference what are you talking about?

There's a 1000 point difference with HT on a 2600k VS 2500k....but not even 200 point difference on Lynnfield CPU's HT vs no HT?

Virssagòn

VIP Member
It's 5 times the difference what are you talking about?

There's a 1000 point difference with HT on a 2600k VS 2500k....but not even 200 point difference on Lynnfield CPU's HT vs no HT?

Yeah, it's pretty weird... If you look up i5 2500k and 2600k at anand, you can see that there's is also a bigger difference there.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Lol, phenom x6 do have nice multi I see!
I'm curious what it would do on 5.2ghz or something :D
Sad nobody is yet playing with ln2 or dice to do it...
9002355d_Best1.PNG

Singlethreaded is bad though... I think it'd beat an FX8350 easily on MT (same clockspeed)

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Yeah, plz test the 4.2 at stock.

I'm making a stock scoreboard, so if someone has the time to do a stockrun that'd be awesome!

Virssagòn

VIP Member
i will do that.
but the problem i somtimes have with the v.2 is that you wont do the 4 core test.

You're not the first person, most of the time it's fixed in the second run.
When does this problem occur mostly? My rig doesn't have problems with it, maybe it's only on Fx cpus?

StrangleHold

Staff member
Ran 4.2 on mine.

The multi did fine, ran all 8 cores 100%.

The 4 threaded only used 2 cores, then with about 10 seconds left a third core kicked in, then right at the end the fourth core kicked in.

Single threaded started with a single core around 10%, then about half way it jumped to 100%

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Ran 4.2 on mine.

The multi did fine, ran all 8 cores 100%.

The 4 threaded only used 2 cores, then with about 10 seconds left a third core kicked in, then right at the end the fourth core kicked in.

Single threaded started with a single core around 10%, then about half way it jumped to 100%

Single and multithreaded should be perfectly fine, 4threads has some bugs though...
What's your 4thread score and did you try running it again?

StrangleHold

Staff member
OK I ran it twice before but this time it was fine. Ran all 4 cores and on the single did 100% too, weird, lol. Now this isnt on mine, its another 8120 I have running at 4.2ghz.

Multi 5560
4 threads 4584
Single 2737
Total 12880

Virssagòn

VIP Member
OK I ran it twice before but this time it was fine. Ran all 4 cores and on the single did 100% too, weird, lol. Now this isnt on mine, its another 8120 I have running at 4.2ghz.

Multi 5560
4 threads 4584
Single 2737
Total 12880

This is an ok score, it's probably if the program doesn't know or the extras are physical or logical that he doesn't know what to do...
Could you run it at stock? So I can add an FX8120 to the list? Now got 12 stock cpus on it. (And 300+ overclocked on beta version, didn't do that manually lol...)

so today everithing wend fine wite the 4 threaded started with 4 cores the first time, ole.

this is the score at stock turbo on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.