Black Screen Before Logo

Hilo

Hi guys,

I have following problem with my laptop. When I turn it on the led turns on but the screen keeps in black. Even the brand logo does not appear. Nothing.

Restarting a lot of times, eventually once it works. Logo appears and the OS load. I can work normally as long as I don't turn off the computer. I can close the laptop and opening with no problem, but not turn it off. If I do it, the problem appears again.

What I already tried:

> Hard reset holding on button for 1 min with no battery and no power cable.

> Remove a clear RAM.

> Remove/reconnect bios battery.

> Remove/reconnect screen cable.

At the moment I didn't get to solve it. If I turn off the laptop the problem will appear again.

How could I solve it?

Thank you.

Brand: MSI
Model: GP70 2PE Leopard

Okedokey

I can work normally as long as I don't turn off the computer. I can close the laptop and opening with no problem, but not turn it off. If I do it, the problem appears again. At the moment I didn't get to solve it. If I turn off the laptop the problem will appear again.
Brand: MSI
Model: GP70 2PE Leopard
Make sure you have the latest
  1. Bios https://download.msi.com/bos_exe/nb/E175AIMS111.zip
  2. RSTe driver https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...logy-intel-rst-user-interface-and-driver.html then
  3. go here and make sure you have all the latest Intel drivers.
IF that doesn't help, disable hybrid sleep and see if it works.
  1. Open Power Options and click on Change plan settings on your selected power plan.
  2. Click Change advanced power settings and click the + next to Sleep to expand it.
  3. Click the + next to Allow hybrid sleep to expand it and turn off On battery and Plugged in.
  4. Reboot

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Try removing the hard drive and see if the brand logo shows up. Usually when you get a black screen like that it's a hardware issue and most of the time it's the hard drive. How old is this machine?

Okedokey

Try removing the hard drive and see if the brand logo shows up. Usually when you get a black screen like that it's a hardware issue and most of the time it's the hard drive. How old is this machine?
This is an S4 hybrid sleep issue. Read the thread, it works fine unless shutdown.