Black screen of death

Today I decided to get round to updating my bios to support m.2 capability after months of being busy with other things around the house
My motherboard is gigabyte a320-h so to get the update I need it needs f32 then f40
I updated to f32 without any issues but when I updated to f40 it updates no problems but when it reboots the power is on all fans are spinning but there’s no display on the monitor
Before this update everything was working brilliantly
Any help will be gladly appreciated as I don’t want to take it to a computer professional as I will have to pay
Thanks

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You mean the A320M-H? I don't think you needed to update the bios to support M2. F32 or F40 doesn't say anything about M2. 3rd generation Ryzen support is F40. You most likely have bricked your motherboard and it will need to be sent to Gigabyte to get reflashed or new bios chip installed.

It says it needed to be updated to them to update to f41
My ssd wasn’t showing up so I wanted to see if it would work updating to f41
Is there a way I could do it myself or could you recommend a better board that supports my components barracuda 1tb HDd 16gb ddr4 adata ram 2x8gb Radeon r7 graphics amd a8 processor

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Well the board doesn't have a dual bios chip to where it would use the other one if something happens to the first one. There really isn't anything the normal user can do to fix this. It must be rma'd to Gigabyte to have them fix it.