Black Screen on log-in

tech savvy

Hello all! Haven't been on in a while, nice to be back!

When I log-on to my desktop, I get a black screen with a black box that says C:\windows32

I have to type Explorer.exe to load my desktop. I've run Avast (Full Scan) and Malwarebytes (Full Scan) to no avail. Any help is much appreciated.

I have Windows 10 (Lastest Build)

PC - ASUS ROG Strix Hero II

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Check your startup programs to see what is starting and disable what you don't need. That should help. also download and run Ccleaner.

tech savvy

Check your startup programs to see what is starting and disable what you don't need. That should help. also download and run Ccleaner.

First, thank you for your reply!

I already have CCleaner on my PC. I ran CCleaner as you said, but it didn't fix the problem. When I reboot my PC, the desktop background is all black with a little black box that says, "C:\Windows\system32>" . I can't do anything other than type commands in the prompt. I have to type Explorer.exe for my Desktop to load. Everything is fine/normal after I input Exporer.exe into the prompt. I can't seem to find the issue that's causing it.

I've ran Windows Anti-Virus (Full Scan), Avast Anti-Virus (Full Scan), Avast Boot Scan (Full Scan), Malwarebytes (Full Scan), Avast Cleanup and CCleaner.

Any help is greatly appreciated!