black screen on startup: vista home premium

Zargot

alright, im in need of computerforum.com's infinite wisdom right again.

i recently had to reinstall vista on my pc. its one of those pre-registered vistas you get with dell PCs. the installations like to get bugged and claim its not properly registered so i have to reinstall once in a while. (brand new vista is arriving in the mail in 1 week)

anyways, i installed it, patched my Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS gpu with the newest drivers from nvidias website. i rebooted, and when it was loading, after the little green loading bar, it goes right to a black screen. it looks kinda like when its in power saving mode, only it doesnt react to anything.

ive tried F8ing and doing last known configuration that worked, same problem. ive gotten through and tried doing selective startup, but i still get the black screen. anyone know whats going on?

anyone know whats going on?

Zargot

allright i figured it out. i managed to uninstall the nvidia drivers in safe mode, and it booted fine. must be something wrong with the drivers or something. im sorry to the mods and the users of these forums for my spam and useless posts :(