Blackscreen with new SSD

Trunkenbold

Hello,
I got a new SSD-Card for my Pc. I had an HDD-Card before. Now i Start the System with the Windows 10 USB stick, Button i get no Pictures on my Screen. My PC runs perfect but the screen is Black. It was Black too when i tried to install tue new windows Version on the HDD Card. I solved it by restarting 10000 Times and After a while it started with the old Version of windows 10. But now is nothing on the SSD-Card and ist not working. I tried to press strg+alt+delete but nothing is coming up. I cant even open the bios. Screen is working btw.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Do you still have the old HDD attached? If so, disconnect it. Sometimes bad hard drive will cause the system to not display anything. Other then that, the video controller may have failed.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Whether you have onboard video through the cpu or a dedicated video card. Were you fiddling around in the bios before and possibly changing any settings?

Trunkenbold

No i just changed cables from HDD to SSD card. And plugged in the stick for windows installing. I didnt changed anything.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I would suggest you take it in somewhere and have it diagnosed. Sounds like you have a video issue somewhere. Did you build this pc yourself? You could try resetting cmos settings.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
The procedure for resetting cmos is to do this. Remove power from power supply, remove cmos battery from motherboard, press and hold the power button on the case for 10 seconds, then wait 10 minutes. Then reinsert battery, reconnect power and try booting up. If that don't work, then you'll need to take it in and have it diagnosed.