Blue Ray vs. HD DVD

Which will win the DVD battle?

• HD DVD

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Blue Ray

Votes: 30 76.9%

• Total voters

kof2000

blockbuster adopted blu ray so they will not rent any hd dvd any longer so that would make customers go toward blu ray than hd dvd.

Person1234

Blu-ray has:
Dell Inc.
Hewlett Packard Company
Hitachi, Ltd.
LG Electronics Inc.
Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd.
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
Pioneer Corporation
Royal Philips Electronics
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Sharp Corporation
Sony Corporation
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
TDK Corporation
Thomson Multimedia
Twentieth Century Fox
Walt Disney Pictures
Warner Bros. Entertainment

HD-DVD has Toshiba, NEC, Microsoft.

AdmnPower

VIP Member
Personally i'd rather see then both coexist. Keep blu-ray around for computers, that'd be a great option for backing up the data on your hard drive, but keep the more affordable HD-DVD around for movies and such. I'm not sure which will win, but if HD-DVD had more companies backing it i'm sure it would beat sony simply because it's cheaper. The average consumer that goes to walmart to buy something like this will probably look more at the price than anything. I'll be interesting to see which one wins, but i'm in the market for a player so i wish they'd just hurry up and decide already.

bigsaucybob

I was rooting for HD-DVD in the beginning because I own and love my Xbox 360. So that would naturally be my primary choice.

But, now that Blockbuster has chosen Blu-Ray, that is a HUGE blow to HD-DVD and something that will definitely put Blu-Ray way more ahead then it already was.

AdmnPower

VIP Member
i hate block buster, too many stupid fees, but then again i have a local movie rental place where i can get new releases for 2 bucks and all old movies for 1 or 2 bucks depending on dvd or vhs. No membership fees. You can't get any better than that. Not to mention on all older movies you can keep them for a week.

bigsaucybob

i hate block buster, too many stupid fees, but then again i have a local movie rental place where i can get new releases for 2 bucks and all old movies for 1 or 2 bucks depending on dvd or vhs. No membership fees. You can't get any better than that. Not to mention on all older movies you can keep them for a week.

I agree with you on that, but I am siding with Blu-Ray not so much because I like Blockbuster but because it will have such a major impact on the HD War that I think many more movie studios will side with Blu-Ray now.

AdmnPower

VIP Member
oh, yeah i totally understand the economics of it. I wanted to complain about blockbuster. I do like buying used dvd's there though. :p

nh1129

Blu-ray has:
Dell Inc.
Hewlett Packard Company
Hitachi, Ltd.
LG Electronics Inc.
Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd.
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
Pioneer Corporation
Royal Philips Electronics
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Sharp Corporation
Sony Corporation
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
TDK Corporation
Thomson Multimedia
Twentieth Century Fox
Walt Disney Pictures
Warner Bros. Entertainment

HD-DVD has Toshiba, NEC, Microsoft.

Either you are 100% biased or you just plainly got completely wrong information. It goes like this..

HD-DVD has:
Toshiba
NEC
Sanyo
Microsoft
RCA
Kenwood
Intel
Memory-Tech Corporation
Hitachi Maxell
LG
Lite On
Onkyo
Meridan
Samsung
Alpine
Universal Studios (includes Rogue Pictures, Focus Features, and Polygram Filmed Entertainment)
The Weinstein Company/Dimension Films
First Look Studios
Paramount Pictures
DreamWorks
Warner Bros. Pictures
New Line Cinema
HBO
Studio Canal
Image Entertainment
Magnolia Pictures
Brentwood Home Video
Ryko
Koch/Goldhil Entertainment
Vivid Entertainment

Now yes some of those are neutral and you even had some on the Blu-ray list but not the HD-DVD.

Person1234

Either you are 100% biased or you just plainly got completely wrong information. It goes like this..

HD-DVD has:
Toshiba
NEC
Sanyo
Microsoft
RCA
Kenwood
Intel
Memory-Tech Corporation
Hitachi Maxell
LG
Lite On
Onkyo
Meridan
Samsung
Alpine
Universal Studios (includes Rogue Pictures, Focus Features, and Polygram Filmed Entertainment)
The Weinstein Company/Dimension Films
First Look Studios
Paramount Pictures
DreamWorks
Warner Bros. Pictures
New Line Cinema
HBO
Studio Canal
Image Entertainment
Magnolia Pictures
Brentwood Home Video
Ryko
Koch/Goldhil Entertainment
Vivid Entertainment

Now yes some of those are neutral and you even had some on the Blu-ray list but not the HD-DVD.

Boy did they bet on the wrong horse. The HD-DVD is just crappy rip off of the blu-ray.