Windows 11 Blue Screen 0xc00000e error upon Windows 11 Installation

jo86

Hi. I'm trying to install Windows clean on this laptop and I keep getting this blue screen with a '0xc00000e' error. and it says

https://windowsreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/error-00000e.jpg

I tried installing multiple versions of Windows from different USB drives and iso files, but the same every time. There seems to be sth wrong in the BIOS of the PC or sth that is "hard installed" on the PC somehow that I can't remove from formatting the C: and D: drives every time I attempt to install.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Can you give us some info on this pc? Oops, missed that it was a laptop, make and model would help and bios version if possible. At what point during the install do you get this error?

jo86

Can you give us some info on this pc? Oops, missed that it was a laptop, make and model would help and bios version if possible. At what point during the install do you get this error?
sure sorry.

It's an ASUS ROG Strix SCAR II Gaming Laptop GL504GM.
BIOS version : 311
Screen appears after power on. ASUS 'Republic of Gamers' logo appears and right after that. Windows 11 has already been installed, but I can't access it because of this blue screen that demands a repair of some sort, which won't change if I reinstall from other Windows Iso files on the USB. I always get that blue screen requiring a "repair".

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
It's most likely gonna be a bad setting in the bios. Any prior issues with this laptop before trying to reinstall? Are you installing to the NVME or the SSHD? Could be possible hardware failure in whatever drive you are installing to. Go into the bios and see if there is a setting for UEFI boot. You may need UEFI boot or Windows boot manager. See the following video. Whatever settings its at currently try the other one.

jo86

It's most likely gonna be a bad setting in the bios. Any prior issues with this laptop before trying to reinstall? Are you installing to the NVME or the SSHD? Could be possible hardware failure in whatever drive you are installing to. Go into the bios and see if there is a setting for UEFI boot. You may need UEFI boot or Windows boot manager. See the following video. Whatever settings its at currently try the other one.

thx for that. I followed the steps in the BIOS. Still the same Blue screen after another Windows install.

It's an m.2 drive inside, yes.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
That code is related to hardware though. Try resetting bios to defaults and see what happens. Other than that, you may be forced to take it and have it looked at.

Couriant

Typically I see that code with storage drive issues.

You can try using diskpart in recovery / cmd mode and then try again.

jo86

That code is related to hardware though. Try resetting bios to defaults and see what happens. Other than that, you may be forced to take it and have it looked at.
Typically I see that code with storage drive issues.

You can try using diskpart in recovery / cmd mode and then try again.
It's so weird. I just turned it on right now and it went all the way til Windows and asked me to pick username pass security question keyboard layout etc... and I was on Windows, opened Edge, downloaded Firefox ... then turned the laptop off to check and restarted it and BAM straight to that blue screen telling me there's repairing needed and pressing 'Enter' to retry to enter Windows that doesn't do anything again. Windows is there on the PC, it's installed and accessible, but it just won't do that... I'm going to try Couriant's diskpart recovery thing, although I'm not sure how to, will have to google it.

Couriant

I find it very strange that it's not easily found by a google search :/

BTW where did you get the Windows 10 installer? From ASUS or from Microsoft?

Anyways I would recommend using the hd manufacturer's diagnostic tool first to make sure the drive is not going south because I do agree with johnb35. If you do not know the manufacturer, then diskpart can (should) provide that info if you can't see it in the BIOS:

Rich (BB code):
diskpart
list disk  (this will show you the physical drives.  Notate the one that resembles the drive capacity)
select disk #  ( # is the disk number.  Typically for a physical storage drive that's not usb, it should be 0)
detail disk

It should resemble something like this:

1710807348329.png

(hmm the Free part is not correct for me... Windows is telling me I have 117GB free....)

As to you not able to delete partitions, it will depend on how the partitions are done, or what they are for, plus you should be able to delete them within the Windows setup if it's not a system partition.

This link has the details. It will be under Custom: Install Windows only (Advanced)

As to the partitioning itself, these are the steps in DiskPart:

Rich (BB code):
list disk
select disk # where # is the number shown from the list disk command
clean
create partition primary
select partition 1
active
format FS=NTFS label=MyDrive quick
exit

Where MyDrive you can put anything that is not long. This will show in My Computer/This PC.