Blue Screen Kernel Fault...Nvidia Drivers???

rars222

recently my computer shut down with the "blue screen" stating that windows is shutting down to prevent damage. Upon restart I get a new registry check (SpySweeper) asking me if I want to keep the registry change "Kernel Fault Check"?

Then I get an error reporting screen suggesting that the display driver for Nvidia GeForce fx 5200 seems responsible for the system instability.

I recently added the AGP 8x 128 mb card to replace a 64mb GeForce card. My mobo supports AGP 4x, but the voltage matched and I was told it would just cap out at 4x...there would be no issues running the card.

I also upgraded to a 400W Antec power supply from a no name 300W.

Would reinstalling the drivers from the Nvidia website help? Or is it something more?

Lax

VIP Member
My FX5200PC in my other computer just did the same thing. I'm not sure why but I didn't think it really mattered. I told spysweeper to keep (cause it's nothing bad) and just restarted the computer. It didn't do it again so I assumed it was ok. Try just restarting it after saying ok to all the error messages and see what it does.

P.S. Sorry for the short answer but I need to leave in about 2 minutes.

rars222

Thanks Anthrax. My system seems to work ok, but that is the 2nd or 3rd time I've gotten the message and my system shutdown....