Blue screen - memory_management

gmckinley

hi

i have aZoostorm desktop PC and yesterday the dreaded blue screen appeared with the error MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. since then all i am really able to do is go on pc in safe mode. however even when i do that it still comes up on occasions. i have tried to resotre pc to earlier date, but this is never successful. people have mentioned on the web when searching that a system reboot may be necessary. however when i bought the pc it did not come with restore dvd/cd and it is not preinstalled in pc.

can anyone help?

thanks
gemma

BrokaToe

Usually a blue screen will occur after installing new software of hardware. If either of these are the case, then I would suggest uninstalling any recently installed software of hardware and seeing where that takes you. Something isn't agreeing with your system.

gmckinley

the only new things installed are windows updates. however like i say whenever i try and do a system restore is comes up unsuccessful or continues to have blue screen. am i able to get these updates uninstalled any other way?

BrokaToe

First you should make sure that system restore is not disabled. Goto->START>PROGRAMS>ACCESSORIES>SYSTEM TOOLS>SYSTEM RESTORE. Click on System Restore Settings on the bottom left of the window. Make sure the TURN OFF SYSTEM RESTORE box is unchecked.