Blue Screen of Death

idahoduk

I had my notebook running great then I added another HD and I had to reload everything. Now I have two problems.

1. When I play Hitman BM the dialogue breaks in and out but I can still hear background noises/speech, I'm not using my Creative SC right now, just the integrated audio. Every once and a while it will freeze up for a second let me play for a few seconds and kick me out onto my desktop. There are no icons or taskbar, nothing works, ctrl+alt+delete, alt+tab nothing. So it's really just my background and a courser.

2. I've had the blue screen of death twice now while running a two different applications. It just happened again while installing my Creative drivers.

I have updated all of my drivers but not to SP2. Any ideas/software for managing drivers and/or optimizing.

Christian Darrall

There are no icons or taskbar, nothing works, ctrl+alt+delete, alt+tab nothing. So it's really just my background and a courser.

this might be due to hitman BM, what is probabbly happening is that its closing "explorer.exe". which is of course needed to veiw desktop.

It just happened again while installing my Creative drivers.

may i suggest getting the drivers from somewhere else, like driverguide.com. or do a google search.

well you do a system defrag

"start - all programs - system tools - ststem defrag"

chris

idahoduk

I did a defrag, it was the first thing I did. Took forever. It's been fragmenting quick. 47% total fragmentation.

Thanks for the URL

idahoduk

I went ahead and updated Windows to SP2. Then I updated my drivers again. I'm thinking that my chipset drivers were not installed because it needed SP2. It's like I'm on a whole new computer when I play games. Thanks